Adrenal Fatigue/Adrenal weakness & food allergies

Hello. I am sensitive to any food or supplement that I eat or take more than 1-2 days in a row. It triggers a reaction then i have stop taking it. It's like my body is not even recognizing that nutrients are good for me. Having said that, I am experiencing adrenal fatigue and I know I need nutrients to heal but how do I do that when I'm having reactions?  And my blood sugar seems to be very delicate. I tried taking enzymes that had tumeric & Ginger in them and after a few days my blood sugar dropped. I even tried vit c & e for a few days and got low blood sugar. I am now trying ashwaganda ( high cortisol), this is only my 2nd day. I actually slept better last night which is a first in a long time.
My doc started me on pregnenolone & dhea creme which I keep going on & off of because I can't decide if it's helping or hindering. I have high cortisol & all other hormones low except for progesterone.
Thank you!

Have you had your blood sugar levels checked, are you a confirmed hypo? Many times with adrenal fatigue we appear to be having hypo responses with blood sugar levels in normal range because of quick drops. Also, anything that can be stimulating to very weak adrenals can create an adrenaline / cortisol spike that may look like low blood sugar as well.

Sounds like you have a great doctor, what does he/she say about this?

A modality you might look into is called NAET, It helps the body identify nutrients appropriately vs. seeing them as a foreign body they need to attack. Very powerful technique and you can find people in your area that practice this modality - usually chiropractors.

Hope this helps!

Adrenal Fatigue

Jen Crippen

I cannot answer questions that would give medical advice, diagnose, or treat people's hypoglycemia.

I have been a natural health practitioner in Illinois since 2001 and have educated thousands of people on nutrition and healthy living. Although, this did not prepare me for what happened in 2007 when I became very ill with adrenal fatigue and hypoglycemia. I have been able to correct my health issues working along with my doctors as partners on my team. I encourage people to go back to their doctors, get educated, and become empowered patients. I've gone to the school of hard knocks the my own health and feel obligated to share with others how I got better. Plus, my experience as and educator and author helps :)

Essential Lifestyle Magazine eZine Waking Up America * I haven't done as much writing as I have done speaking. I have been a speaker all over the country for small and large audiences as well as radio.

B.S. Environmental Science Licensed Massage Therapist IL Currently enrolled in Masters Degree Program in Holistic Nutrition Expert Aromatherapist Neurolink Practitioner Iridology Tongue, Face, & Nail Analysis Reiki Master Teacher

I have a few thousand clients that I have worked with since 2001 regarding natural health education - either via seminars, tele-trainings, newsletters, etc. In my private practice, I maintain a select group of clients averaging about 10 a week. I see them in my office or consult via telephone.