Adrenal Fatigue/touching base

Question
Hello Jen,

Thank-you for the service you offer. I would like to describe my situation and invite you to give feedback. I am a 59-year old man who has been struggling with adrenal fatigue for 12 years. I took the saliva test. I believe my adrenal fatigue is due to a lifelong nervous disposition and a supreme effort to put myself through college while working in my late thirties, early forties. Now I work full-time in social services. I can get through the week usually, but spend most of the weekend in bed, unable to do much of anything. It can be a dismal existence.

I  have begun using Siberian ginseng and a B-complex liquid vitamin. I have also found that eliminating sugar and caffeine helps, but in the stress of my job, my discipline around eating is weak. Quite frankly, I can't imagine much improvement while continuing to work full-time. My job is high profile - a new program getting much attention in a small city. I run the program. I've gotten to the point where I am considering leaving my job or reducing my hours if possible. I don't know how long I can go on living like this (I began the job 9 months ago after 2 years off from working due to fatigue).  The job was only supposed to last 5 months but has since been extended (good AND bad news).

I know my condition affects my work. It has essentially eliminated any social life or exercise.

Any suggestions?

Thank-you,

Ron

Answer
Well, I cannot tell you what to do Ron but I can share what I have to do to stay healthy.  It's imperative to have a stress outlet that really takes you away from it all, a total mental vacation ... DAILY.    
Also, you probably need to do more supplementation.  To pull my clients out of the hole they need to do a lot (herbs, targeted vitamins & minerals, essential fats, essential oils, and possibly amino acids).   
Competing out of this can be done while working in a high stress situation if you can figure out how to emotionally detach.   Or, your other thoughts of part time might be something for you to consider.
Hope this helps!
Jen
Http:naturalanxietytherapy.com

Adrenal Fatigue

Jen Crippen