Adult Film/Adult Filming

I am 22 years old and my husband and I was wanting to get into the adult film industry. We are wonder how to get into doing webcam from home. If you could please email me back it would be great. Thank you!

There are tens of thousands of women who have become camgirls and some have made nice money from it. This is the first time that anyone's asked me as a lawyer about how to start. I think that's refreshing and evidences a more serious attitude than shared by the pack about self-protection.

Anything that involves explicit sexuality online is bound to be affected by one or more federal laws, and the possibility of state and local laws arise, too. To get a rough introduction to the areas that you need to become aware of and learn about, visit and feel free to look around the site to discover and use all of the resources there from original laws and cases interpreting them, administrative regulations, and articles. However the best and easiest way to learn where the landmines are buried is to book a consultation with a competent lawyer who concentrates in online adult entertainment.

Remember, no matter what online webcam operation you sign up with - and you will have no difficulty finding them at all if you search - under the law, you will still be responsible criminally for your own Section 2257 compliance, obscenity, etc., and so it's mandatory that you know and understand the law. No, the webcam company will not pay for your defense if you are charged. No, they will not go to jail for you if you break the law during a show. You are responsible for what you do - and while you can drag other people along with you under some circumstances, the involvement of others will not exculpate you.

You need to know who owns the copyright on images of you - and your webcasts. You will want to know what kind of license the webcam company gets - how long they can use your image, and whether they can still use it to promote after you quit. Who owns your screen name? If you look at these issues, you will be ten steps ahead of those who bumble into this area and have no clue of what they are getting into.

Best wishes,

Adult Film

J. D. Obenberger

Numerous trials, including jury trials, criminal and civil since 1979. Obscenity. Section 2257. Copyright. Trademark. Communications Decency Act Section 230. Right of Privacy/Right of Publicity. Defamation/Libel/Slander. Warning Pages. Adult Internet Sites. Strip Clubs/Gentlemen's clubs. Massage Parlors. Prostitution. I am the author and operator of, the most comprehensive online legal resource concerning the law of adult entertainment online.

I've been an attorney for 34 years, nearly 20 years as an attorney concentrating in adult entertainment law. Have spoken at 72 adult webmaster show legal seminars and forums in six nations, seven American states, and three provinces of Canada, have appeared on the O'Reilly factor concerning obscenity, have been published by Thompson-Gale. Full qualifications at My firm, J.D. Obenberger and Associates has provided representation in both criminal and civil matters for adult content producers, the operators of adult online businesses, as well as brick and mortar adult operations for nearly twenty years. We provide legal strategy, forms, protocols, and guidance for every kind of adult operation. Our clients find us available 24/7/365 in every emergency. My background includes numerous jury trials including the defense of major drug case in federal court on the Mexican border at Brownsville, forgery, sexual assaults, gun offenses, aggravated kidnapping, and such civil matters as pharmaceutical malpractice, premises and construction liability, and personal injury. I have prosecuted cases in the name of the United States while serving as a Captain in the United States Army Judge Advocate General's Corps. I have represented and advised clients in every part of the United States and from Hong Kong to Budapest. I am a regular columnist for XBIZ World and have published numerous articles in AVN and AVN Online and for YNOT.

First Amendment Lawyers' Association, Free Speech Coalition, National Rifle Association, American Legion.

AVN, XBIZ, YNOT, Online Pornography, published by Thompson-Gale.

Doctor of Law, 1979, University of Wisconsin Law School. Dean's List. Graduate, National Institute of Trial Advocacy. Guest Lecturer, John Marshall Law School. I have presented Continuing Legal Education for practicing attorneys. Undergrad BA, the University of Wisconsin, double major in Political Science and History. Graduate, 90th Basic Judge Advocate General's Course on the campus of the University of Virginia.

Army Commendation Medal awarded as a Captain, US Army Judge Advocate General's Corps, as the most requested criminal defense lawyer in the US Army, Europe.

No legal issue too great or too hot to handle, no client too small to deserve zealous and effective representation.