Adult Film/Starting porn business

Question
I went to college and studied directing.  I would like to direct and produce adult films.  I would like to hire models to let me photograph as well as make my own adult movies.  I intend to used these photos and movies in a portfolio to showcase my talents, and maybe one day use them on my own personal website or sell them and the rights.  

I have got acting/model release forms, and nudity agreements (including descriptions of sexual acts to be performed)

I have models ready to work for me.

My question is am I doing everything legal?  I live in IL.

Answer
Nathan,

There are quite a few areas to address when you plan on producing adult content, including the formation of a business entity to limit your liability, understanding applicable obscenity, prostitution and pandering laws, compliance with 18 USC 2257, intellectual property protection, your local zoning laws, and others.

In sum, it's impossible to tell you if you're doing everything "legal" without a thorough review of your business practices and structure.  There are numerous risks in this industry, and it would be foolish to step foot into it without receiving comprehensive legal advice.  If you'd like to discuss your situation further, feel free to contact me through adultwebsitelawyer.com.

Adult Film

Dan Pepper