Adult Film/My Online Pornstar Application - Rejected Based on Age / Location?

Question
Hello Mike,

I went to your site today to submit an online application and was rejected.  It said that I don't fall into the "criteria" that you are looking for.  I am assuming that it's because of one of two reasons.  1 - because I don't live in the LA area or 2 - because I am over 35.  I am in actuality 38 yrs old but usually pass for 25-30 at the oldest.  I am in excellent shape and work out daily.  I LOVE sex and have always wanted to do this but never had the opportunity or the guts to do it until now.  Is there any help you can give me?  I can send you pics if you would like so that you can judge for yourself whether or not I would be a good match for your company.

Thank you for your consideration,

Jenn

Answer
Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for coming to me with your question.

You are correct. Your application was rejected based on your age. We're an international Company, so it was NOT rejected based on your geographic location.

Technically & contractually, our models "hire" us... not the other way around. We are not an employer, but rather a model mgmt. Company, so we're not legally obligated to be "equal opportunity" with regards to who we offer modeling contracts to (although, of course, we don't reject applications based on [UNLIKE THE MAJORITY of LARGE PORN AGENCIES...] skin color, race, nationality, sexual orientation, religion or political beliefs/affiliations).

Most (yes... MOST) of the big porn agencies lack any substantial amount (and sometimes any at all) of women of color on their publicly-viewable online rosters. Some will practice tokenism by adding a single black model (like Misty Stone's agency, for example) to their roster, in a wretched attempt to avoid the blatant "advertisement" of their actual prejudice & outright racism.

We don't have that problem, here at http://www.crossovermodeling.com/ ,  http://www.ebonymodelworld.com/ , http://www.latinamodelworld.com/ , and http://www.asianmodelworld.com/ . Just check out a few of our models, for proof: http://www.crossovermodeling.com/Crown_Models.php

In addition to running the ONLY major crossover (porn + mainstream) talent mgmt. Company in the world, and the #1 top talent mgmt. group for new girls in the American adult film business, I'm also very proud to have one of the most (if not the most) ethnically-diverse rosters in the industry.

We work strictly on commission (we only make money when our models do), so the "criteria" you're referring to was established by our Company's management team - long ago - based not primarily on our own personal interests or sexual predilections, but rather on pure numbers... actual statistical, numerical, facts.

A 38-year-old woman is not going to be able to make nearly as much money, in the legit American adult film industry, as a woman 2 decades her junior. She might be able to make some money in our industry... yea, even more so than a woman 2 decades her senior, but we - at our privately-owned model mgmt. Company - are interested in investing our Company's resources, time & efforts only into the most profitable investments.

It's strictly business. Nothing personal.

We know literally EVERYONE in the legit U.S. porn industry, and they know us. We've been working in talent management for close 25 years, and in the porn industry for about a decade. Younger (closer to age 18) adult females will get more, higher-paying work in this industry than older women. That's a fact that we've come to learn is true, based on our experience working with the industry. We don't "make the rules", the pornography consumers, and then the production companies, do.

(This is NOT a blanket invitation for everyone who reads this answer to do so, but...) You, Jennifer C. from Kansas, USA (and ONLY Jennifer C. from Kansas, USA), are welcome to re-apply (because we appreciate your honesty & follow-up effort... frankly, it makes you sexier to us than a 25-year-old that isn't willing to make an effort to advance herself), listing your age as 35. That is our maximum age limit.

Place a note somewhere on the final section of your application, noting your real age & birth-date, along with a note mentioning that I personally gave you authorization to do so.

I can't guarantee anything, but we'll at least take a peek at you. You'll receive an honest (and straight-forward) response.

Thanks again.

Hakuna Matata,

Mike
Senior VP
www.CrossoverModeling.com

Adult Film

Mike the Talent Manager