Adult Film/Starting a Career in Porn, Getting Started in the Porn Industry

Question
Hi I'm from Ohio and I have been doing cam modeling for about a month now but would like to get into doing porn videos and I'm not sure where to start. I am a 34 year old smaller bbw brown hair and green eyes any ideas where I can look to get into this?

Answer
Leslie,

How's it going?

The landscape of the porn industry has changed a lot over the past decade. These days, there are more girls trying to get in the industry than ever before, yet about the same amount of content (or perhaps even less) being shot than there was a decade ago. This makes it a lot more competitive for new porn starlets looking to break into the business.

There are still a few companies shooting BBW's, but not like before.

You have to also remember, a trip to Los Angeles to start your career isn't going to be free - for you. You have to think about airfare (the legit porn industry isn't in Ohio) to and from Los Angeles. Also, the current rate for an adult industry HIV/STD test (required to work) is $120 / month. Also, remember to budget in the food, transportation & lodging while you're in Los Angeles.

Point being, you'll want to make sure that it's going to be financially worthwhile. Doing only a single scene, for just one production company, is going to max out at around $700 - $1,200, depending on the production company & scene type. So, one production company probably isn't going to cut it. That's why you should look into signing with a professional porn talent agency BEFORE going out to Los Angeles.

Here's some recently-released information about porn model agencies:
http://www.licensedmodels.com/porn_model_agency.html

Part I dispels some common misconceptions in "What a Porn Model Agency is NOT":
http://www.licensedmodels.com/porn_model_agency_part_1.html

Part II gives some specific qualities to look for in a good porn model agency:
http://www.licensedmodels.com/porn_model_agency_part_2.html

Now, with regards to you getting started in the business as a "small BBW", I've written something about that a time or 2 in the past: http://www.licensedmodels.com/plus-size_bbw.html

We can't really give you realistic feedback - on an individual level - until we see what you look like. "Small BBW" could mean a bunch of different things, and I have no idea what it means - in your case. So, apply online (http://www.licensedmodels.com/porn_star_application.html) and we'll get you some honest feedback, either way.

This time last year, we started Madison Rose's (http://www.licensedmodels.com/madison_rose_porn_star.html) career in the porn industry, who some might consider a "small BBW", with her gigantic rump and thick legs. Turns out, the porn producers ate her up! Proof puddin' that you don't have to be a twig to become a porn star!

Hope this helps.

By the way... I'm very glad to hear that you're having some success with the webcam modeling. That's a very fast-growing part of the adult industry, and it's a lot smarter way to make money than turning tricks!

Hakuna Matata,

Mike the Talent Manager
Senior Vice President
www.LicensedModels.com

Adult Film

Mike the Talent Manager