Adult Film/condom law

Question
do you think producers are looking for new places to shoot now that measure b is in place in southern california?Cant people be more realistic i mean would someone get really in big trouble if not adhereing to that rule?I mean gay marriage is passing on ballots

Answer
There is a certain Valley-centric belief that all the content, at least all the good and professional content is and has been shot in The Valley. It's just not true. The large majority of the content has been shot outside The Valley and outside LA for a long time, mainly distributed via the Internet. Some would have the opinion that most of the good content is also made outside LA.

Yes. Some producers have moved elsewhere and others have their eyes on alternative locations so far as I can discern.

It's hard to know how many people will get into trouble eventually and how serious that trouble will be. This issue is already in court and some major legal horsepower has been applied to challenging the law. Both federal and state courts sitting in California are notoriously protective of the entertainment industry, far more than in other areas less associated economically and culturally with movies and video. Until the wheel stops spinning and the ball comes to rest, there is no way to know how this will all play out.

Gay marriage? Don't see the connection to this issue, but remember, I'm typing this in Chicago, and maybe the connection is clearer in North Hollywood.

All the best,

JD

Adult Film

J. D. Obenberger