Adult Film/Craigs list

How is it that in escort ads on craigslist and stuff there are so many and some even show there faces?isnt this illegal or is there some way around this like their screening process the wording of ads like roses(money) and some put your place or you host only are some girls just well educated in the law and they just get around it/and or its hard to prove?

Not such a hard question - at least not in theory.

It is illegal to knowingly assist or facilitate the execution of a crime. That includes assisting a crime by providing advertising that facilitates it - knowingly.

In serious crimes, the defendant's guilty state of mind is almost always an element of the offense. (Not always though - look at Florida and NY's statutory rape offenses in which the crime does not require the defendant to know the victim's age.)

When Fedex delivers a package with illegal drugs, it commits no crime unless there is evidence that it did so knowingly. When Verizon provides phone services for a death threat, it commits no offense without a knowledge of what will take place in a call.

Ditto for

There are lots of businesses that imply or hint at sex but which simply don't deliver any sex for money. Here in Chicago, the sports pages of the Sun-Times advertise massage parlors, often with a sexual innuendo. If they were brothels, they'd be shut down in a day. But they're not. It's just a come-on for guys too dumb to recognize that what seems to be implied can't possibly be true.

It's not up to Backpage to ferret out the ads to determine which are and which are not leading to illegal services. You'll notice that no explicit promises of particular sex acts for any price are offered, and damn few prices for time. Backpage operates as it does because it does not have actual knowledge of prostitution in its advertisers. If it knew, and continued to run a particular ad, it would have a serious problem.

The answer to your question could consume several hundred pages with references to a few very important statutes and a large number of cases. But this is the answer you seek in a nutshell.

Adult Film

J. D. Obenberger

Numerous trials, including jury trials, criminal and civil since 1979. Obscenity. Section 2257. Copyright. Trademark. Communications Decency Act Section 230. Right of Privacy/Right of Publicity. Defamation/Libel/Slander. Warning Pages. Adult Internet Sites. Strip Clubs/Gentlemen's clubs. Massage Parlors. Prostitution. I am the author and operator of, the most comprehensive online legal resource concerning the law of adult entertainment online.

I've been an attorney for 34 years, nearly 20 years as an attorney concentrating in adult entertainment law. Have spoken at 72 adult webmaster show legal seminars and forums in six nations, seven American states, and three provinces of Canada, have appeared on the O'Reilly factor concerning obscenity, have been published by Thompson-Gale. Full qualifications at My firm, J.D. Obenberger and Associates has provided representation in both criminal and civil matters for adult content producers, the operators of adult online businesses, as well as brick and mortar adult operations for nearly twenty years. We provide legal strategy, forms, protocols, and guidance for every kind of adult operation. Our clients find us available 24/7/365 in every emergency. My background includes numerous jury trials including the defense of major drug case in federal court on the Mexican border at Brownsville, forgery, sexual assaults, gun offenses, aggravated kidnapping, and such civil matters as pharmaceutical malpractice, premises and construction liability, and personal injury. I have prosecuted cases in the name of the United States while serving as a Captain in the United States Army Judge Advocate General's Corps. I have represented and advised clients in every part of the United States and from Hong Kong to Budapest. I am a regular columnist for XBIZ World and have published numerous articles in AVN and AVN Online and for YNOT.

First Amendment Lawyers' Association, Free Speech Coalition, National Rifle Association, American Legion.

AVN, XBIZ, YNOT, Online Pornography, published by Thompson-Gale.

Doctor of Law, 1979, University of Wisconsin Law School. Dean's List. Graduate, National Institute of Trial Advocacy. Guest Lecturer, John Marshall Law School. I have presented Continuing Legal Education for practicing attorneys. Undergrad BA, the University of Wisconsin, double major in Political Science and History. Graduate, 90th Basic Judge Advocate General's Course on the campus of the University of Virginia.

Army Commendation Medal awarded as a Captain, US Army Judge Advocate General's Corps, as the most requested criminal defense lawyer in the US Army, Europe.

No legal issue too great or too hot to handle, no client too small to deserve zealous and effective representation.