Adult Film/Filming

Question
A buddy of mine films gay porn in San Francisco. He said I don't need a permit to film scenes in someone's home. I want to film in CA, close to Tahoe and Truckee. Also, do I need a permit to film outdoor scenes? he did suggest getting a business license before trying to sell content.

I appreciate any help.

Answer
Cory,

In general, film permits are required for shoots in public or publicly-owned or leased facilities or properties.  If you are filming in someone's private home, permits are generally not required.

Not only is it strongly advisable that you form a business entity to operate your film production company, but you should absolutely consult with a lawyer who concentrates in adult film laws to probably advise you, as there are MANY legal issues you need to be aware of.  Getting it wrong can mean jail time.  If you would like to discuss your situation with me further, feel free to visit my website at adultwebsitelawyer.com.

Good luck!
Dan

Adult Film

Dan Pepper