Adult Film/Porn filming.

Question
Hello,

I have recently decided to purchase a Canon camera. I have been thinking about creating a free, non-membership type of website, or blog where I upload content (photos/videos) that I've filmed myself.

It will be all solo work. Solo videos (masturbation) and photo shoots.

I have tons of models that have actually volunteered to be apart of my projects without any monetary exchange, and are all legally of age (18+) with valid ID's and signed release forms (all of which I have copies of)

If it's just a solo masturbation piece, am I okay within the legal boundaries?

Answer
David,

There are several legal issues to consider with your business model.  If there will be no monetary exchange with your models, I am assuming there will be some other form of consideration that you are providing (PR, marketing, etc.).  Your arrangement should be set forth in a carefully drafted model release agreement, which defines the relationship and structure.

You will also need to comply with the federal record keeping and labeling requirements found at 18 USC 2257 and 28 CFR 75.  You can view these regulations here:  http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2257.

Each state has obscenity laws that you will need to understand as well.  Texas' can be viewed here:  http://law.onecle.com/texas/penal/43.23.00.html.

How you ultimately structure your website is also important, as the appropriate website terms and conditions will be vital.

As I tell anyone looking to get into this business, speaking with a qualified attorney is crucial, as the risks and liabilities are extremely high.  If you would like to discuss your venture with me further, feel free to contact me at adultwebsitelawer.com.

Adult Film

Dan Pepper