Adult Film/porn star

Question
what does a guy have to do to get in the porn star world because i want in

Answer
1. Take a good look in the mirror and compare your face, features, build, and equipment to that of working male talent. Compare your ability to perform with so much as you can see in an adult feature - after the edits - and ask whether you can dependably do as well.

2. Make yourself look good and acquire some nice clothes. There are no educational, certification, or license requirements for this job.

3. Travel to the San Fernando Valley on the north side of the Santa Monica Mountains in Los Angeles. No one will ever pay you to go there or pay for the costs of your support while you look for a job that's almost impossible to get.

4. Try to convince an adult booking agent to listen to you. Frankly, there is never any shortage of men seeking this work. Most of those who ask would do it for nothing because they think - mistakenly for the most part - that it is a fun job. A significant number of them are far more attractive than you are. If you can get an agent to listen, convince him to work with you. Take STD tests and pass them. Prove that you can perform on demand, with stamina in front of many others doing their own jobs in a very non-erotic environment, and do what you are told without complaint. This is not about your entertainment or pleasure, it is about the commercial production of video, and your enjoyment simply is not something anyone will really care about. If you cannot do this, you will waste your own time and that of everyone around you, and you will humiliate yourself.

5. If you can't get an Agent, try ringing some doorbells at the major content producers' studios there in the Valley. It may not work as well as having an agent, but it's either ringing doorbells or finding someone already working as a performer male or female - to say a good word about you to the right people. Be prepared for the fact that it's unlikely that anyone will take you seriously.

6. Be prepared for serious and substantial disappointment. The job you fantasize about is nothing at all what it looks like in a video, only one or two in a hundred men has the ability to do this job, to perform dependably on command with performers whom you are actually unlikely to find attractive in real life, and it has no employment benefits or stability. Any typical union job in the US is a much better proposition. It will also isolate you socially, probably on a forever basis.

7. If you can get your foot in the door, decide how much risk of death you are willing to endure. John Holmes, one of the greatest male performers, died of AIDS. Work was slow for him and so he took Gay male work without protection. If you can get any employment, it is likely to be Gay because Gay porn seems to have a higher turnover rate. If you can smile and visibly enjoy yourself while you are being anally penetrated by another man, your chances of employment in this area go up slightly, and if you can't do that, your already small chances go down.

Finally, the fact that so many men write in about this subject is a real tribute to the great skill of adult producers. They take a very hard and often unrewarding job and make it look glamorous. It is anything but that.

I have now answered a question like this for the last time, and I will not take followups. This kind of question is, I think, built on masturbatory fantasies rather than well-connected to any reality that I know.

Adult Film

J. D. Obenberger