Adult Film/starting website with web cam girls, solo for $

I am looking to start up a website. Im located in Las Vegas, NV. I have a best friend web developer outta WV who is willing to set up the site for me. I have multiple very close friends who are young 21+ females looking to get into doing sexual live webcam shows on a  site, if i can get one up and running. I am looking for info. on this specific type of site, laws, etc. THANKS

Hi Shaun,

There are quite a few areas to keep in mind when setting up this sort of site. From a legal standpoint, you'll need to cover:

- website terms of service
- privacy policies
- terms with your webcam models
- compliance with 18 USC 2257 (the federal record keeping requirements)
- intellectual property protection of your site and content
- obscenity regulation
- and other areas depending upon the specific nature of your site

From a business standpoint, you'll need to:

- ensure that your website is developed to handle live streaming
- that your web host permits adult content
- that you set up a business entity to protect yourself from individual liability
- set up a credit card merchant account and payment processor
- have a very specific business plan in place that details how your budget, how you plan on being successful, and how you plan on distinguishing yourself from a lot of competition

If you'd like to contact me to go over these items in more detail, feel free to visit

Good luck!  

Adult Film

Dan Pepper

Lawyer representing adult industry businesses and entertainers, and can answer questions related to:

How to start an adult film business or adult website LEGALLY.

What laws to be concerned about with getting into the adult entertainment industry.

What terms and conditions do you need on your adult website.

How to comply with 18 USC 2257 - the federal record keeping requirements.

What forms and agreements do you need for models and crew.

How to deal with copyright and trademark laws.

Before asking your question, I recommend visiting and requesting a copy of the Top 6 Considerations of Starting an Adult Entertainment Business. You may find your question answered there.

I have been practicing law since 1994, and have represented numerous businesses and entertainers in the adult entertainment industry as the managing member of Pepper Law Group, LLC, at My firm also operates 2257Sentry, one of the industry's leading 18 USC 2257 custodian record keeping services for producers of adult content.

Free Speech Coalition, Frequent speaker at adult industry events including the Internext Expo and Exxxotica New York; interviewed in AVN Online; regular contributor to XBiz World

XBiz World AVN Online

BA in Political Science, JD (law degree)