Adult Film/Legit vs Illegit (Scam) Porn Model Agencies, Legitamite vs Scam Porn Production Companies

Thank you for taking the time to read my question. I have been looking into starting out in the adult film industry and contacted a couple of companies online. Both explained their films were on DVDs and distributed in America and Asia (I'm from uk), both said all staff have to go for a sexual health check and sign something to give my content for material to be distributed. However they also both asked for money upfront to cover advertising costs,  when I asked if I could pay it off with my first booking they said they needed it before to cover costs and to demonstrate a commitment. The companies are

Could you give me your thoughts and if there is anyway for me to check they are legitimate such as governing bodies etc?  
Thank you joanne

Thanks for coming to me with your question.

Without ANY shadow of doubt, I guarantee you with 100% complete & unwavering certainty, that the two (2) "companies" you mentioned are NOT legitimate.

In fact, what they are is complete & outright scam artists.

Very smart of you to hunt me down and request my advice when you got that "queezy feeling" in your gut. Your instinct was dead-on accurate!

You should immediately cease communication with these people, as they are out to do only one (1) thing, and that is to negatively exploit you for their personal gain, with you gaining NOTHING positive.

In the entertainment industry, you - as the performer - do not pay the agency or the production company (if they have a single ounce of legitimacy). That's not how it works. It's the other way around - they pay YOU.

The very first sentence of the website of the former "company" you mentioned reads, "RedLight Entertainment is an Adult talent agency specializing in adult entertainment and in the escort industry."

The latter "company" also runs - a prostitution website.

Escort industry = prostitution

Unfortunately, even in the U.S. porn industry, we have to deal with most - if not all - of the big porn agencies (including the well-known L.A. Direct Models owned by Pimp Derek Hay & O.C. Modeling owned by Madam Sandra McCarthy) doubling as escort agencies.

All of these individuals, and their so-called "companies" are NOT adult film industry professionals, but rather pimps & madams.

Their masks have just been violently ripped off by the Empire. Check yo'selves, mutha-fu%#as!

I'm not sure if you are looking to work directly with a single production company (a legit company that actually makes porn movies) or for a talent agency (the company that the production companies look to, when they want to hire talent for their movies). If you're seeking an agency, here's some detailed info about legit vs illegit porn model & talent agencies:

Although I've never seen or heard of these fake companies' sites before your e-mail, I knew before checking them out - based on your description - that they are not legit.

Coincidentally, checking them out, I found that (at least) the first website you mentioned has illegally plagiarized text from the website of the Company that I work for, in a lame effort to make themselves appear legit!

Yet another scumbag loser to forward to our legal dept, so they can add it to their list of people to take action against. Don't be surprised if their website is shut down in the near future.

One other thing, just based on the info you gave me... if they were in the U.S., they would tell you the LIE that their content is not distributed in the U.S., but only "abroad". Since they are targeting victims in Europe, of course they lie to you and tell you that it's distributed "everywhere but Europe", so that they can con their victims without the victims having a fear of "what if my family / friends find out" and "maybe I can work in front of the camera, without anyone I know finding out". All complete bullshit.

For actual LEGIT talent representation in the actual LEGIT adult industry, apply online at

Thanks Joanne.

Hakuna Matata,

Senior V.P.

Adult Film

Mike the Talent Manager

An International Porn & Mainstream Talent Manager, Casting Director, Producer & Performer in the porn industry, Mike is the Senior V.P. of

As a veteran expert in this AllExperts category, Mike is now accepting donations from questioners (see below, on his full profile). Suggested donation: $100 USD, per question. He will take a maximum of two (2) questions per day.

Based in California, Mike is available to answer questions about the porn industry, or from adults that want to get started in the entertainment industry.

Serious adults age 18+ can apply online for management/promotion at the website above.

No response from Mike should be construed as earnings/income claims/promises. Mike is not a lawyer or physician. Thanks!

Mike began his career in the entertainment industry as a talent rep for a large, well-respected talent management Company for S.A.G. actors and fashion models. The Company has been in business for for about a quarter-Century (25 years).

In 2006, since the Company was then based in the porn capital of the world (the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles), Mike suggested to the President of the Company that they open a division for adult film models. The President accepted, and Mike was put in charge of leading the new division. For the first few months, he went to work for a couple different porn producers to “learn the ropes” of the adult industry. In early 2007, the Company’s adult industry division ( opened its doors. Mike was named Senior Vice President.

Since that time,’s reputation and connections have grown immensely. is now considered to be the top talent management Company for new models in the North American porn industry, and the only adult talent management company capable of promoting its clients for “Crossover Modeling” (promoting its clients for mainstream acting, modeling, dance, and book authoring, in addition to promoting them for porn.)

Since 2007, Mike the Talent Manager has developed personal relationships with the presidents, casting directors, talent coordinators, production directors and “shot callers” of almost every legitimate producer of pornography in the United States. He also has relationships with talent agencies and industry-standard talent STD testing services within the adult film business. boasts the ability to introduce a brand-new model to the entire legitimate North American porn industry at the snap of Mike’s fingers, so to speak. Mike has also performed on camera in several porn films for various well-known production companies, and he has also begun his own production line as well.

Mike's Writing: Adult Industry News and several articles on's articles and information page

A recent exposé about porn model agencies

Mike the talent manager & mentioned / video and radio interviews: CaliFaces, LA Talk Radio, Adult Industry News

Internship at a top mainstream Hollywood talent management Company for actors and fashion models, 9 years of experience as the Senior Vice President of, several years of mainstream talent management experience before that, many on-camera performances (porn) and production experience (porn)

Talent (porn): Bella Honey, Kya Tropic, Jaymie Lannen aka McKenzie Sweet, Priscilla Milan, Holly Zane, Asia aka AsiaXXX, Amber Stars, Lily Star, Megan Vaughn, Sugar, Ivy Longoria, Kylie King, Camilla Rose, Jennifer Stone, Cherry Blossom, Kendra Snow, LexXxi LaRue, Jada Silk, Harley Fire, Mike the Talent Manager, et al

Producers (porn): Penthouse, Anabolic, Diabolic, Reality Kings, Brazzers, Combat Zone, Bluebird Films, Erotique Ent., SCORE Group, West Coast Productions, Vince Vouyer, Zero Tolerance, Black Ice, and many others