Adult Film/Starting as a Lesbian Porn Star, Become a Girl/Girl Porn Model

Question
Hello Mike,

This may not be your area but I figured it can't hurt to ask.  I'm a fitness instructor in great shape. However I'm almost more lesbian than I am straight and I really want to get into lesbian porn. Is it the same process as for a male/girl porn star?   Could you offer any insight to this? I'm in California and would like to venture into this...  Thank you for any tips and or advice. Again,  I'm sorry if this isn't something you can answer.

Answer
Hi Erynn,

Thanks for coming to me with your question.

At the Company I work for (the top model management Company for new girls - of any sexual orientation - in the adult film industry - http://www.crossovermodeling.com/ ), we completely respect folks' sexual orientations.

We offer modeling contracts to full-blown lesbians, straight girls and (most often) bisexual girls.

(Of course, by "girls", I always mean age 18+ females. We don't do dudes or kids.)

Judging by the wording of your question, it seems that you might actually be bisexual, with a predilection towards women .

As such, if you're serious about beginning a career as a pornstar, my advice would be to seek out (1st) a modeling contract with the #1 talent management group in the industry ( http://www.crossovermodeling.com/ ) to make sure that you start your career the BEST way - as opposed to the 2nd-best OR outright wrong way, and (2nd) to seek out both boy/girl (straight) AND girl/girl (lesbian) porn work, from the get-go.

And here's (in your particular case) why:

- The porn industry is just that... an industry. It exists for a single purpose: to turn a profit (to make money). The people involved in the porn industry are in it primarily for the same purpose: to earn a living, to pay the bills (to make money).

Although it's often orgasmic fun to work in the sex industry, in general, legit sex workers are not in the sex industry primarily for the physical pleasure aspect of it all.

It's a job for some... a career for others... but this isn't hooking up with some girl (or guy) at your local nightclub. It's not about that. It's a job.

- Secondly, girl/girl (lesbian) scenes are shot far less frequently than straight scenes in the porn industry, and - when they do occur - the industry-standard pay rate is significantly less for girl/girl scenes than it is for boy/girl scenes.

As a bisexual woman, "starting out" doing exclusively girl/girl scenes would be like opening a service station in Los Angeles that sells ONLY diesel fuel, when it would be just as easy for you to sell both diesel & gas, just because you "lean" towards driving diesel cars, yourself.

Why would you set yourself up - from the start - to make a fraction of the money that you could, otherwise?

And if you just really have a strong passion for diesel cars (to the exclusion of gas automobiles), but aren't really overly-concerned about turning a profit, then why don't you just simply join a diesel-car club?

Starting a successful business (or a new successful career - including a successful porn career) will ALWAYS involve a certain amount of work, energy, investment, stress, etc. It's not logical to join the porn industry with getting laid being your primary reason for doing so. It would be MUCH easier (especially as a woman) to fulfill that desire in countless other ways.

Now, if you were telling me that you ARE (for sure) a lesbian (which I didn't get from the wording of your question), and consider the idea of sex with a healthy, muscular, virile young man to be a completely repulsive idea - something that you would never consider doing - then by all means... open up your proverbial diesel-only service station.

That - as a straight male adult performer - is exactly what I do.

I'm actually a "man of many hats" in the adult film industry. In addition to my functions as a talent manager, and Senior VP of http://www.crossovermodeling.com/ , I'm also an on-camera adult performer (porn star) myself.

Just as it's common knowledge that (generally-speaking) girl/girl (lesbian) scenes pay less (to the girls) than boy/girl scenes pay (to the girls), the opposite is true for dudes.

It's also common knowledge that (generally-speaking) boy/boy (gay) porn scenes pay significantly more (to the guys) than boy/girl scenes pay (to the guys).

So, if I was bisexual, then - by all means - I would be bending every Tom, Dick & Harry over the kitchen tables & bar-stools of porn sets more often (if possible) than doing so with every Sally, Susie & Jane.

But, I'm not... I'm a straight man... so, I stick to the chicks, and I also rely on my other adult-industry ventures for income.

For you... just ask yourself:

- Do I actually want to do porn, as a money-making career, at all?
- Why do I want to do porn?
- Am I an actual lesbian? Do I consider the idea of sex with a man completely repulsive?
- Do I have other supplemental forms of income, or am I considering porn as a full-time career?

Then, pull some triggers. The decision(s) is/are yours.

Hope this helps!

Hakuna Matata,

Mike
Senior V.P.
www.CrossoverModeling.com
http://www.crossovermodeling.com/

Adult Film

Mike the Talent Manager