Adult Film/How to start up a porn industry in Nebraska

Question
Mike,

I saw your posting about these girls wanting to get into porn, and it being technically illegal. How would one go about challenging the system to make it legal. I'm curious, and interesting to bringing Nebraska out of the 1980's. If there is any literature, or professionals, etc.. to talk too, I'd greatly appreciate it.  

Thank You,

Ferris

Answer
Hey Ferris,

Are you writing me because it's your day off? ;-)

Just kidding... I couldn't resist.

Thanks for coming to me with your question.

As stated on my profile, I am not a lawyer.

My response here is strictly a layman's understanding. Certainly do NOT rely on it as "sound legal advice".

When I make the statement that porn is only legal in CA & NH, that's because these are the only two states that have specific case law on the books making a distinction between prostitution (which is illegal in most parts of the U.S.) and the production of pornography. One is "legalized", and the other is not.

In these two states, it is completely legal to pay someone to f**k, so long as it's for the purpose of pornography production. You can't get convicted of prostitution by paying a performer to perform in a porn video (and porn agents can't get convicted of pimping & pandering), even though that's what prostitution technically is (accepting money/paying someone to f**k), because state case law has made a clear distinction between the two "industries".

Unfortunately, in the California porn industry, the pendulum has swung TOO far... now you have a porn industry that openly accepts it's largest talent agencies doubling as escort agencies (pimps & madams). That's ILLEGAL, and these agents should be jailed for breaking the law.

Prostitution IS illegal, because it is a bad thing, and it should remain illegal.

Derek Hay of L.A. Direct Models blatantly runs the whore agency "The Luxury Companion" alongside his so-called "licensed & bonded porn agency" (yes... using the same "models" for both agencies), and Sandra McCarthy of O.C. Modeling openly fills the gaps in her naive clients' schedules with "escorting" gigs. And these aren't the only ones.

That aside...

Pornography is legal in these two states (CA & NH) due to **CASE** law, meaning that criminal charges were brought against a pornographer (which means they were probably jailed for a period of time), the case was fought in a court of law, and the defendant eventually won (most likely in an appeals court). This basically sets a legal precedent... as in "this is the new way we're going to legally do things here in California (or New Hampshire)".

Again... I've never been to law school, and I'll admit I'm no expert on CA vs Freeman (the CA case) or the New Hampshire one either. This is simply my layperson's understanding of how it works.

So, to do it the same way, I guess you would need to start shooting porn in Nebraska... get jailed for it... have criminal charges brought against you... spend thousands of dollars on a lawyer / legal team, and pray & hope for the best.

Although I'd have mad respect for you going through such great lengths on behalf of our industry & freedoms, I certainly don't recommend you do this. But, it is a "free" Country; you can do whatever you want.

That's how it was done in CA (and NH as well, I believe), so that's the only way I could suggest that has been done before.

Sexy female aspiring pornstars, listen up! Do you want to become a high-class celebrity (NON-prostitute) porn star?? Apply online at http://www.crossovermodeling.com/porn_star_application.html for the best adult model management in the world!

Thanks again Ferris.

Hakuna Matata,

Mike
Senior Vice President
www.CrossoverModeling.com
http://www.crossovermodeling.com/

Adult Film

Mike the Talent Manager