Adult Film/Craigslist Ad for Amateur Porn Star Auditions

Question
There is an ad in the Chicago area for amateur porn star auditions.  If this company is not for real can they be held responsible or any legal actions be taking against them if they are not for real even though I willingly do an audition and give a statement of consent to do the audition .  They asked me for two forms of ID and a statement of consent via video that I am consenting to perform on video with an actor.  And info you give me would be a great help.

Answer
I'm not a lawyer; I'm a veteran professional talent manager & casting director in the entertainment industry (including porn), among other things.

With that being mentioned, I would think not. (They likely can NOT be held liable for their actions.)

If they were "for real" enough for you to meet with them, provide them your ID's, give verbal and written consent to engage in on-camera (and/or off-camera) sexual activity with them - as a sober consenting adult - previously, then what's done is done.

Also, respectfully, I'm sure that you haven't magically overnight gone from being a naive young woman to a professional judge of porn Company legitimacy or "for real-ness". (In other words, you can't see these guys' hearts. Are they brand-new and don't know what the hell they're doing, or are they 100% out to exploit young women without helping them at all? You might *think* you know the definitive, whole & complete answer, but you probably don't. And neither do I.)

You want to hear some real hard-n-dirty facts about this industry?

Check this out...

The establishment of the porn industry might tell you "oh no... those guys are not legit; you want to work with one of the big agencies like LA Direct or O.C. Modeling", but here's what they won't tell you about those so-called "big, popular, licensed and bonded porn agencies":

x Those companies wouldn't invite you, Dominique, into their office for a meeting, based on the color of your skin (I'm assuming that you're black). True story! They only put 1 or 2 "token" black girls on their site, at a time, to show their "diversity", when - in reality - they're mainly interested in white girls [or - at least - (NOT black) girls]. The only "big agency" that focused on black girls was shut down by the establishment a couple years back, and the best talent representation Company for all new aspiring porn stars (regardless of skin color) is (and has been for about a decade) http://www.CrossoverModeling.com.

x Those big agencies literally run prostitution rings ("escort agencies") directly alongside their porn agencies. When a girl goes in to get her pictures taken for the agency's website, the pictures are actually being taken for TWO (2) separate websites (1 for porn, and 1 for prostitution). (Just compare LADirectModels.com with TheLuxuryCompanion.com, or check out text messages from the owner of OC MODELING http://www.pornagency.co/images/ef5e6fcd5c52b5b7dafc2bbfdd67d59b_497l.png for proof!)

http://www.CrossoverModeling.com is the ONLY talent Company in the industry that has (from day #1) always taken a strong, precise, public stance AGAINST prostitution. We believe that our clients are signing with us to become high-end celebrity models & screen performers, NOT common whores.

Check out our informational documentation http://www.CrossoverModeling.com/porn_model_agency.html for more on this.

If you've changed your mind about working with the Chicago guys, or feel that they are not what you expected them to be, at the beginning, then it's your choice, as an adult, to cease contact with them and find other people to work with (if you chose).

But I do think that you - personally - need to accept a certain level of responsibility (which it seems as though you are, at least on some level), for having made the conscious decision to consent to whatever happened to you, when you met with these people.

After all, the title of their ad (from what you're telling me), includes the very word "amateur", indicating that this is not top-of-the-line, high-end, professional pornography. Their very use of that word indicates that they could be brand-new, and have no experience in this industry; they are just now trying it for their first time, perhaps.

Had you done your due diligence beforehand, and come to me prior to meeting with (whoever it was that you did), I likely would have advised you NOT to meet with them on the following basis:

x They are in Chicago. The porn industry is not (in Chicago). It's (in the U.S.) primarily in Southern California, Las Vegas & Southern Florida.
x They are not #1. http://www.CrossoverModeling.com is the #1 talent Company in the industry, and we don't have any offices or staff in Chicago. (We have talent scouts and models in Chicago, but no auditions being held in the State of Illinois.)

It's a good idea to begin your career with #1.

Put the past behind you. Get a fresh HIV / STD test, if that concerns you, and move on with your beautiful life. And don't beat yourself up; trust me, we ALL make mistakes. :-)

Hakuna Matata,

Mike
Senior VP
CrossoverModeling.com  

Adult Film

Mike the Talent Manager