Adult Film/Gay Porn Scene Rates; Gay-for-Pay Porn Agency

Question
I am a 38yo married man, who is very well preserved, and very athletic. A  man who runs his own Adult production company recently discovered my profile on sexyjobs.com and asked me to shoot a scene with another man for $500 for the scene , a bb scene, but now he his asking me to shoot an extra scene in the movie, no scenes have been shot yet, $500 for 1 scene sounds good, but now should I negotiate the price for the 2nd scene or should I just do both scenes and be happy with $500?

Answer
Hi Robert,

Thanks for coming to me with your question.

As someone with a decade of experience in all facets of the porn industry, I must first mention that I always officially recommend 100% AGAINST any talent (performer) or aspiring talent (male or female) "negotiating" any deals with so-called porn producers.

It's my opinion that that's not a performer's (or aspiring performer's) job. That's what agents are for.

It's an agency and/or talent management company's job to know who's who in the zoo, not only in terms of who is legit vs who isn't, but also who is best for a particular new talent (performer) to shoot with first vs only later in their career.

That aside, if this "adult production company" is in Texas (where I understand you are located), at best it is an amateur production company, as the porn industry (both gay and straight) is not located in that State.

Otherwise, I'm not clear from the wording of your question if you're indicating that he wants to pay you $500 for both scenes combined, or $1,000 for both scenes (combined). Since I don't agree with you - as an aspiring performer - negotiating your own scenes to begin with (and you would be doing so at your own risk), from a general business perspective, let's agree - for the sake of this conversation - that we're talking about the sale of a widget (or 2).

If one previously agreed to buy a single widget from me for $500, I would be very hesitant to throw in an entire extra widget for the same price. I would do 2 widgets for $1,000, or maybe even give him a discount (2 for $900, for example), but I would immediately question the legitimacy & integrity of someone who previously agreed to the one for $500, and now is trying to get twice as much for the same price.

Hope that helps.

At our talent management Company, we have recently begun accepting men for gay (and gay-for-pay) porn (in addition to managing the ladies, as we always have), but our focus in the male dept. is on the "twinks" (age 18 - 25'ish). Young men (and women) in that age range can apply at http://crossovermodeling.com/

For you, Robert, as a man over 35... Just be careful, especially since you're married!

Hakuna Matata,

Mike
Senior V.P.
CrossoverModeling.com

Adult Film

Mike the Talent Manager