QUESTION: I have been married for a little over two months and we live in different places due to the fact he is in the military. I have the feeling he is cheating on me. Maybe talking to other women. We had a FB together but I found out he was looking up other women. When I confronted him about it he explained he had worked with them yet he hadn't looked up any of the males he had worked with. Please help. What do you think?

ANSWER: Dear Danielle,

I think it's very difficult to maintain a long distance relationship, and your best bet is to figure out a way for the two of you to have more contact- living in the same place would be the optimal thing. Relationships need to be nurtured. You do that with sharing good times, talking, and being there for each other. You can't do that by phone very effectively. Add to that the lack of physical intimacy and you have a problem.

Your husband MAY be cheating on you. If he isn't yet, you have a warning sign that things are headed that way. If you want to make this work, find a way to be together.

Laura Giles

QUESTION: Also I have been trying to close the distance gap between my husband and myself but we are going through court right now because I have a child with another man from when I was 17. He was never really active in my child's life but now that I am married and I am trying to leave he is completely opposed to it. Do you think I will get to move and save my family?

This is a legal question and is best answered by an attorney in your state; however, given the fact that your child's father has not been an active part of the child's life, I can't imagine a judge compelling you to stay where you are.

best of luck,

Laura Giles

Laura Giles

Marital, relationship, adultery, children out of wedlock, divorce, custody, visitation, support, co-parenting, mediation, counseling, group counseling, step-parenting, pre-marital, and reconciling issues

I teach parent education classes and a group for people who are trying to strengthen their relationships in addition to providing individual counseling. I am the author of "The Other Child: Children of Affairs."

National Registry of Who's Who in Executive Professionals
National Guild of Hypnotists
National Association of Social Workers
Honorary chairman of the Business Advisory Council
Virginia Mediation Network

The Other Child: Children of Affairs, The Daily Herald (Chicago), New You, The Journal Gazette, Almeda Times-Star, Tacoma News Tribune, East West Woman. Tidewater Women, Dimensions

BS in Human Services Counseling- Old Dominion University
Master of Social Work- Norfolk State University Licensed clinical social worker