Adultery/attracted to white men!

krishnaramkumari wrote at 2013-06-19 12:48:58
thanks for the quick reply, i agree with your points but its just that she had been very useful to me at a point of time when i was in a crisis and i felt i must help a friend [we have been friends for years, though she is younger to me]

the thing about being true to oneself is ok but the fact remains that there are two people trapped in a marriage. he tries to just immerse in work, ignore her, avoid her etc. and she has an affair, it would be unfair to both if the marriage continues.

indian culture values marriage but i think it should not be at the cost of the individuals involved. i'd have supported her if it was just the divorce as it is quite obvious that the husband too wants it [i had a talk with him] and he states he was going to ask for it at an appropriate time anyway but the point is if he finds out of the affair, all hell will break loose. they may burn her alive [ bride burning is common in india] or worse a public killing by the in laws, neighbours and fellow caste/creed people [called honor killing in this part of the world]

also i hope its not just her liking of white men that is overriding other considerations, what if he doesn't turn out to be the ideal man like white men are supposed to be [at least compared to indian men they are angels and saints] what if she doesn't like him later or they seperate, she will be like a lamb of slaughter in indian socity as then she will be someone who has insulted hinduism by marrying a non hindu and is now defenceless [women in india are consided just that without a man]

Adultery

Laura Giles