Adultery/please I need advice

Please I need advice about the Church of Christ and the beliefs. I am not a member of the Church of Christ, but the man I love is and he said he can not marry me because I committed adultery in a past marriage. I love this man so very much. He says if I was to marry ever again that I would go to hell. He says if he married me that he could or would as well. Please tell me what I can do. I do not want to loose this wonderful man, because of my mistakes from before. What can I do to make things right? Can we be married?

I am not an expert in the Church of Christ; however, if your boyfriend is saying he cannot marry you because you committed adultery in a past marriage, it sounds like you don't have a future with him. A person cannot go against his values and be happy. If you press the issue, he will likely bla you for making him go against his faith and himself.

Religion is often a deal breaker. Would you want your children raised in this faith? Would you want to be married in this faith? You can't just take parts of the man. You have to have him all. He comes with these beliefs.

My advice is accept the situation, move on and mourn the loss. Trust that when he says he will not marry you, he will not marry you.

So sorry,

Laura Giles

Laura Giles

Marital, relationship, adultery, children out of wedlock, divorce, custody, visitation, support, co-parenting, mediation, counseling, group counseling, step-parenting, pre-marital, and reconciling issues

I teach parent education classes and a group for people who are trying to strengthen their relationships in addition to providing individual counseling. I am the author of "The Other Child: Children of Affairs."

National Registry of Who's Who in Executive Professionals
National Guild of Hypnotists
National Association of Social Workers
Honorary chairman of the Business Advisory Council
Virginia Mediation Network

The Other Child: Children of Affairs, The Daily Herald (Chicago), New You, The Journal Gazette, Almeda Times-Star, Tacoma News Tribune, East West Woman. Tidewater Women, Dimensions

BS in Human Services Counseling- Old Dominion University
Master of Social Work- Norfolk State University Licensed clinical social worker