Advanced Math/Algebra Question - Read first before responding to earlier message

Question
For the Algebra Question that I had sent to you earlier, I now realize something else. Maybe the answer to the next consecutive natural number to "n" could be "2n". Because after "1n" would be "2n". Correct?

Answer
Let me try to clear up any confusion. The natural numbers are integers, aka the counting numbers like 1,2,3,...n, etc., where n is the "nth" integer. Each number in the sequence is separated from its nearest neighbors by 1, for example the integer 3 is 2 plus 1 and also 4 minus 1. So if you have any number in the sequence, denoted by n, then the next integer in the sequence is 1 greater than n, or n+1.

The sequence is obtained by ADDING 1 to the current integer under consideration, not multiplying. The letter "n" is just a symbolic way of designating a particular, but not explicitly specified, integer n the sequence.

Randy  

Advanced Math

randy patton