Advanced Math/Decimal fractions

Question
Paul I know this is a easy one for you, not for me. I would like to ask if there is a way for you to help me understand this or maybe a chart for me to help me understand this, it may be simple to you, I just cant understand.
I see this number (.00005) as 5 one hundred thousandths of an inch. I see this number (.0005) as 5 ten thousandths of an inch. I see this number (.000005) 5 millionths of an inch.
I am told that (.00005) is actually 50 millionths.
I DON'T SEE THAT! Did we skip the 100,000 of an inch? Please explain best you can that maybe I can understand?

Answer
Questioner:jerry
Country:New York, United States
Category:Advanced Math
Private:No
Subject:Math

Question:

I see this number (.00005) as 5 one hundred thousandths of an inch.

>>>> That is correct.

I see this number (.0005) as 5 ten thousandths of an inch.

>>>> Yes.

I see this number (.000005) 5 millionths of an inch.

>>>> OK.

>>> Well, "could be written as" would be a better way to express it.  It could be written as  .000050, and the unnecessary zero at the end used to express it as millionths.

In the same way, you could see  .5 as "five hundredths", or "one-half" or many other forms.  

.............................
Note for the future: "Advanced Math" is Trig and precalc.  This belongs to the elementary arithmetic section.

Advanced Math

Paul Klarreich