Advanced Math/ACT Math Question

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.
I'm studying for my ACTS (hoping to get a perfect or near-perfect Math score!)

The question is:
Using a graphing calculator, find the equation for the linear regression line for the data below. It also asks me to express the slope and y-intercept to the nearest tenth.

The data is:

My ACT prep booklet has tons of worksheets/practice, but it only has an answer key; it doesn't say how it got the answer. I was hoping you could show me the answer to this question and then how you got it. Thank you, I appreciate your guidance, Reggie

To solve this problem you need to be familiar with the formulas for a least squares fit line. In other words, you need a text or course notes that explain them. It's not that difficult, and I could reproduce them here, but if you want to really learn it, I recommend that you get a text book (or Wikipedia) so nothing is lost in translation. Good luck.

Advanced Math

randy patton

college mathematics, applied math, advanced calculus, complex analysis, linear and abstract algebra, probability theory, signal processing, undergraduate physics, physical oceanography

26 years as a professional scientist conducting academic quality research on mostly classified projects involving math/physics modeling and simulation, data analysis and signal processing, instrument development; often ocean related

J. Physical Oceanography, 1984 "A Numerical Model for Low-Frequency Equatorial Dynamics", with M. Cane

M.S. MIT Physical Oceanography, B.S. UC Berkeley Applied Math

Also an Expert in Oceanography