Advanced Math/Social Security Number.

Dear Prof Scott

1. Is SSN reference a must while filing Income Tax returns by Business Houses and Individuals ?

2. Is SSN reference a must in all Banks Transactions i.e. Credit, Debit. viz Depositing and Withdrawal money ?

3. Social Security Number has to be renewed every 5,10,15 years ?

4. Can SSN be used as a alternative to ATM Card, Credit Card, Bank Debit Card ?

5. Why SSN Number was not selected as a 9 Digit Alphanumeric number but selected as a 9 Digit Numeric ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

1. The SSN is required since that is a number that is uniquely assigned to each person in the US.

2. Most banks require only the last 4 digits of a SSN since by name, this makes each person unique.  It is used because everyone knows their own SSN.  The entire number is not used because people don't want to let it out for others.

3. Currently, once a SSN is gotten, it is used for life.  There are a billion possible numbers, so each person gets their own SSN, never to be used by the government again even after death.

4. Most people do not want to give out their SSN to anyone else.  It can be used as their password, but most just have a four digit number.

5. The 9 digits that are used provide unique numbers for up to 1 billion people, for they go from 000,000,000 to 999,999,999.  It would be changed to alphanumeric if this country ever had more than one billion people.  Note that this would be required if our country were as big as China.

Advanced Math

Scott A Wilson

I can answer any question in general math, arithetic, discret math, algebra, box problems, geometry, filling a tank with water, trigonometry, pre-calculus, linear algebra, complex mathematics, probability, statistics, and most of anything else that relates to math. I can also say that I broke 5 minutes for a mile, which is over 12 mph, but is that relevant?

Experience in the area; I have tutored people in the above areas of mathematics for over two years in I have tutored people here and there in mathematics since before I received a BS degree back in 1984. In just two more years, I received an MS degree as well, but more on that later. I tutored at OSU in the math center for all six years I was there. Most students offering assistance were juniors, seniors, or graduate students. I was allowed to tutor as a freshman. I tutored at Mathnasium for well over a year. I worked at The Boeing Company for over 5 years. I received an MS degreee in Mathematics from Oregon State Univeristy. The classes I took were over 100 hours of upper division credits in mathematical courses such as calculus, statistics, probabilty, linear algrebra, powers, linear regression, matrices, and more. I graduated with honors in both my BS and MS degrees. Past/Present Clients: College Students at Oregon State University, various math people since college, over 7,500 people on the PC from the US and rest the world.

My master's paper was published in the OSU journal. The subject of it was Numerical Analysis used in shock waves and rarefaction fans. It dealt with discontinuities that arose over time. They were solved using the Leap Frog method. That method was used and improvements of it were shown. The improvements were by Enquist-Osher, Godunov, and Lax-Wendroff.

Master of Science at OSU with high honors in mathematics. Bachelor of Science at OSU with high honors in mathematical sciences. This degree involved mathematics, statistics, and computer science. I also took sophmore level physics and chemistry while I was attending college. On the side I took raquetball, but that's still not relevant.

I earned high honors in both my BS degree and MS degree from Oregon State. I was in near the top in most of my classes. In several classes in mathematics, I was first. In a class of over 100 students, I was always one of the first ones to complete the test. I graduated with well over 50 credits in upper division mathematics.

My clients have been students at OSU, people who live nearby, friends with math questions, and several people every day on the PC. I would guess that you are probably going to be one more.