Advanced Math/Biometrics Systems.

QUESTION: Dear Prof Scott

Do you feel the Social Security Number could be useful in redesigning with adding Biometric identifiers as part of Security measures counterfeiting Identity thefts ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Perhaps.  It seems like it is getting to the point where we can scan someone's hand into the PC.

QUESTION: Dear Prof Scott

Other than facial, fingerprints, iris (eye), vein uniqueness, Can we also consider footprints unique from person to person as Biometric
identifiers ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

It seems like there as unique as hand prints, but for the most part feet are usually clothed whereas hands are not.  The wear and tear of shoes and socks on feet may make foot prints more faded out and harder to distinguish than hand prints.  If the have something that works and is fairly easy to do, why would they want to take on a more difficult task that wasn't as easy?

Advanced Math

Scott A Wilson

I can answer any question in general math, arithetic, discret math, algebra, box problems, geometry, filling a tank with water, trigonometry, pre-calculus, linear algebra, complex mathematics, probability, statistics, and most of anything else that relates to math. I can also say that I broke 5 minutes for a mile, which is over 12 mph, but is that relevant?

Experience in the area; I have tutored people in the above areas of mathematics for over two years in I have tutored people here and there in mathematics since before I received a BS degree back in 1984. In just two more years, I received an MS degree as well, but more on that later. I tutored at OSU in the math center for all six years I was there. Most students offering assistance were juniors, seniors, or graduate students. I was allowed to tutor as a freshman. I tutored at Mathnasium for well over a year. I worked at The Boeing Company for over 5 years. I received an MS degreee in Mathematics from Oregon State Univeristy. The classes I took were over 100 hours of upper division credits in mathematical courses such as calculus, statistics, probabilty, linear algrebra, powers, linear regression, matrices, and more. I graduated with honors in both my BS and MS degrees. Past/Present Clients: College Students at Oregon State University, various math people since college, over 7,500 people on the PC from the US and rest the world.

My master's paper was published in the OSU journal. The subject of it was Numerical Analysis used in shock waves and rarefaction fans. It dealt with discontinuities that arose over time. They were solved using the Leap Frog method. That method was used and improvements of it were shown. The improvements were by Enquist-Osher, Godunov, and Lax-Wendroff.

Master of Science at OSU with high honors in mathematics. Bachelor of Science at OSU with high honors in mathematical sciences. This degree involved mathematics, statistics, and computer science. I also took sophmore level physics and chemistry while I was attending college. On the side I took raquetball, but that's still not relevant.

I earned high honors in both my BS degree and MS degree from Oregon State. I was in near the top in most of my classes. In several classes in mathematics, I was first. In a class of over 100 students, I was always one of the first ones to complete the test. I graduated with well over 50 credits in upper division mathematics.

My clients have been students at OSU, people who live nearby, friends with math questions, and several people every day on the PC. I would guess that you are probably going to be one more.