Advanced Math/Matrices, multpilication

I do not know what to do at all with this number. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Let vector x = <x_1, x_2> , vector y = <y_1, y_2, y_3> and vector z = <z_1, z_2>.

Say that the systems

x_1 = 2y_1 + 3y_2 - 5y_3

x_2 = -3y_1 - 4y_2 + 2y_3

y_1 = 2z_1 - 3z_2

y_2 = 3z_1 - z_2

y_3 = z_1 + z_2

(a) Rewrite these linear systems as matrix equations involving vector x, vector y, vector z.
(b) Use the matrix product to write vector x in terms of vector z.

The 1st one would be written as
2  3 -5  1
-3 -4  2  1
where the 1st column is for y_1, the 2nd column is for y_2, the third column is for y_3,
and the last column is for the vector x.

The 2nd one would be written as
2 -3  1
3 -1  1
1  2  1
where the 1st column is for z_1, 2nd column is for z_2, and 3rd column is for the vector y.

Put the expression for y_1, y_2, and y_3 in terms of z_1 and z_2 into the 1st equations.
That is, x_1 = 2(2z_1 - 3z_2) + 3(3z_1 - z_2) - 5(z_1 + z_2).
Multiply it out on the right and combing the terms of z_1 and z_2.

In a similar fashion, work on the 2nd equation for x in terms of y by again substituting the bottom equations for y into the top equation for x_2.

Advanced Math

Scott A Wilson

I can answer any question in general math, arithetic, discret math, algebra, box problems, geometry, filling a tank with water, trigonometry, pre-calculus, linear algebra, complex mathematics, probability, statistics, and most of anything else that relates to math. I can also say that I broke 5 minutes for a mile, which is over 12 mph, but is that relevant?

Experience in the area; I have tutored people in the above areas of mathematics for over two years in I have tutored people here and there in mathematics since before I received a BS degree back in 1984. In just two more years, I received an MS degree as well, but more on that later. I tutored at OSU in the math center for all six years I was there. Most students offering assistance were juniors, seniors, or graduate students. I was allowed to tutor as a freshman. I tutored at Mathnasium for well over a year. I worked at The Boeing Company for over 5 years. I received an MS degreee in Mathematics from Oregon State Univeristy. The classes I took were over 100 hours of upper division credits in mathematical courses such as calculus, statistics, probabilty, linear algrebra, powers, linear regression, matrices, and more. I graduated with honors in both my BS and MS degrees. Past/Present Clients: College Students at Oregon State University, various math people since college, over 7,500 people on the PC from the US and rest the world.

My master's paper was published in the OSU journal. The subject of it was Numerical Analysis used in shock waves and rarefaction fans. It dealt with discontinuities that arose over time. They were solved using the Leap Frog method. That method was used and improvements of it were shown. The improvements were by Enquist-Osher, Godunov, and Lax-Wendroff.

Master of Science at OSU with high honors in mathematics. Bachelor of Science at OSU with high honors in mathematical sciences. This degree involved mathematics, statistics, and computer science. I also took sophmore level physics and chemistry while I was attending college. On the side I took raquetball, but that's still not relevant.

I earned high honors in both my BS degree and MS degree from Oregon State. I was in near the top in most of my classes. In several classes in mathematics, I was first. In a class of over 100 students, I was always one of the first ones to complete the test. I graduated with well over 50 credits in upper division mathematics.

My clients have been students at OSU, people who live nearby, friends with math questions, and several people every day on the PC. I would guess that you are probably going to be one more.