Advanced Math/matrix algebra

I am just wondering what the answer to this question is. I have been trying it for 4 days now and i can't seem to get the right answer.

Determine which of the formulas hold for all invertible nxn matrices A and B

A. (A+B)^2 = A^2+B^2+2AB
B. ABA^-1=B
C. (I_n-A)(I_n+A)=I_n-A^2
D. 8A is invertible
E. (AB)^-1=A^-1B^-1
F. A+A^-1 is invertible
I have gotten B , C , D , F as my answers but my teacher is telling me that they are not the answers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A. Not true in general since A and B don't necessarily commute.

B. Not true; need to commute.

C. True: Distributive law works for matrices and IA = AI always.

D. It looks like the number 8 is multiplying A; typo? If it is BA, then (with help from the associative law) (BA)^-1(BA) = A^-1(B^-1B)A =A^-1A = I, so that it is invertible.

E. Not true, however, (AB)^-1 = (B^-1)(A^-1).

F. Not true: try multiplying it by its inverse and seeing if it comes out equal to I.

Advanced Math

randy patton

college mathematics, applied math, advanced calculus, complex analysis, linear and abstract algebra, probability theory, signal processing, undergraduate physics, physical oceanography

26 years as a professional scientist conducting academic quality research on mostly classified projects involving math/physics modeling and simulation, data analysis and signal processing, instrument development; often ocean related

J. Physical Oceanography, 1984 "A Numerical Model for Low-Frequency Equatorial Dynamics", with M. Cane

M.S. MIT Physical Oceanography, B.S. UC Berkeley Applied Math

Also an Expert in Oceanography