Advanced Math/Algebra 2 help??? Please help me understand???

Question
The fireworks will use rockets launched from the top of a tower near the school. The top of the tower is 160 feet off the ground. The mechanism will launch the rockets so that they are initially rising at 92 feet per second.
The team members want the fireworks from each rocket to explode when the rocket is at the top of its trajectory.

They need to know how long it will take for the rocket to reach the top, so that they can set the timing mechanism. Also, in order to inform spectators of the best place to stand to see the display, they need to know how high the rockets will go.

The rockets will be aimed toward an empty field and shot at an angle of 65 degrees above the horizontal. The team members want to know how far the rockets will land from the base of the tower so they can fence off the area in advance. (Note: The field where the rockets will land is at the same level as the base of the tower.)
The height of the fireworks is given by the equation: h(t) = -16t2 + 92t + 160

The horizontal distance formula is: d(t) = 92t / tan 65

QUESTION: Use the given horizontal distance formula to find out how far the rocket lands from the original launch site. Also, 2. Write a clear statement off the questions the soccer team wants answered?

I already found the time it takes for the rocket to reach the ground: 7.149 seconds and I tried plugging this time in but I'm just not sure if I'm right. Please help?

Answer
The numbers in the answer I used Excel to find.
The answers have been made to have two places past the decimal,
though rounding to 0 places would be good enough
since gravity is rounded to 0 places.

Using the secant method of root-finding, I got 7.148830249,
which is the same as yours with a few more digits accuracy.

To find the height, note that the velocity is -32t + 92.
The maximum height would be when the velocity is 0.
That gives us -32t + 92 = 0, or 32t = 92.
Dividing both sides by 32 gives t = 92/32 = 23/8 = 2.875.

Putting t = 2.875 back in the height equation gives 1169/4 = 292.25.

If the horizontal distance is 92t / tan 65,
using the impact time as t = 7.149 gives 306.69 feet.

Advanced Math

Scott A Wilson