Advanced Math/Geometry

I am currently working with circles and their surface area and volumes.I know the diameter of one circle, and the radius of the other,but from that information I am not sure how to find the scale factor.What steps do I need to take to get there?Thank you!

volume v = (4/3)πr³
surface area a = 4πr²

"I know the diameter of one circle, and the radius of the other"
r₁ = d₁/2

I'm not sure what you are looking for—the ratios of the volume and areas of the spheres?
v₁/v₂ = r₁³/r₂³ = (r₁/r₂)³

a₁/a₂ = r₁²/r₂² = (r₁/r₂)²

Advanced Math

Janet Yang

I can answer questions in Algebra, Basic Math, Calculus, Differential Equations, Geometry, Number Theory, and Word Problems. I would not feel comfortable answering questions in Probability and Statistics or Topology because I have not studied these in depth.

I tutor students (fifth through twelfth grades) and am a Top Contributor on Yahoo!Answers with over 24,000 math solutions.

Co-author of An Outline of Scientific Writing: For Researchers With English as a Foreign Language

I have a Bachelor's degree in Applied Mathematics from the University of California at Berkeley.

George White Elementary School. Homework Help program at the Ridgewood Public Library, Ridgewood, NJ. Individual students.