Advanced Math/Rectangle within a Circle Geometrical Shape.

Question
Level Crossing
Level Crossing  
Rectangle within a Circle
Rectangle within a Cir  
QUESTION: Dear Prof Scott

Attached images are

1.Rectangle within a Circle.
2.Level Crossing - Intersection is rectangle shape highlighted by red line.

From Rectangle's center point draw a circle, here the rectangle edges will not touch the Circle boundary.

Is the Geometrical shape attached image 1 viz Rectangle within a Circle can be constructed geometrically ?.

i.e. is it a correct geometrical shape constructed similar to a square, rectangle, semicircle, circle, triangle, pentagon, parabola etc ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: From Rectangle's center point draw a circle, here the rectangle edges will not touch the Circle boundary.
 Yes, that can be done, but if the radius of the circle were drawn small enough, it could
 cross the rectangle at 8 points, cross at 4 and be tangent at 2, be tangent at 2, or be
 inside the rectangle.

Is the Geometrical shape attached image 1 viz Rectangle within a Circle can be constructed geometrically?
 A rectangle can be drawn by drawing a line, constructing two perpendicular lines, and then
 making the far side perpendicular to the lines just constructed.  It should be perpendicular
 to both of them.  Connect the NE corner to the SW corner and the NW corner to the SE corner.
 The intersection will be at the center.  From here, use the protractor to draw a circle
 however big is desired.

I'm not sure what the question here is.  I showed how to draw a rectangle and a circle.
 A square is a special type of rectangle.  The semicircle could be drawn by cutting the
 circle in two by putting a line through the center of it.  This makes two semicircles,
 one on either side of the line.  Any other circle is similar to the one drawn since all
 circles are similar.  In the drawing there is no triangle, pentagon, parabola, etc.

Cricket Ground
Cricket Ground  
QUESTION: Dear Prof Scott

Thank you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_field

As a example, It will be similar to a Cricket Ground where the
Pitch - 22 yards length a rectangle shape inside a oval shape ground.

Isn't it ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
From reading that article, cricket is one of the few sports where the size of the field to be used is not defined.  The other sport is baseball.  I have seen many baseball games, but don't remember ever seeing a cricket game.  It seems like baseball is played in the US and cricket is played in Europe.  That leads to an interesting question:  What sports are famous for other continents?

From what I've seen in the article, the area in which cricket is played is well inside the oval (or circle) that is the playing field.  From the article, the inside of the field is called the Pitch - 22 and is in the center of the outer field.

From what I've read, there are terms like, "bouncing", and "bowling".  I have no idea what is involved in this sport.  In America, it seems like a "bouncer" is someone who works at a bar and a "bowler" is some who plays at a game called, "bowling".  Do you know anything about bowling, or is that an American sport?  It would be helpful to get a description of cricket.

Advanced Math

Scott A Wilson