Advanced Math/Timetable Matrix in Schools.

Dear Prof Scott‎

6 * 8 matrix timetable representation

6 rows = monday, tuesday,wenesday,thursday,friday,saturday

8 columns = first period, second period, third period, fourth period, fifth period, sixth period, seventh period, eight period.

8 * 6 matrix timetable representation

8 rows = first period, second period, third period, fourth period, fifth period, sixth period, seventh period, eight period.

6 columns =  monday,tuesday,wednesday,thursday,friday,saturday

Both the 8*6 OR 6*8 matrix school timetable will work for entering the data as English,Science,Maths,Geography etc in the period row.

The 6*8 offers a landscape representation and 8*6 offers a portrait data representation.

which among the two would be more appealing for designing the School Timetable ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

To me, it would be better if the days are across the top and the times are down the side.

This would make each days schedule easy to see since all that would have to be looked at
would be the column for that date.  If this were done, the classes could be written close
together, all in one column, since each class would take one or two rows.  A blank row in
between each class would be good as well.

According to the table described, each time would be the same straight across, so the classes
offered at the same time each day could be read from left to right if that was needed.

Most of the time, people are interested in the classes each day, and a single column is
easier to read than a single row since the column usually more compact since the words take
up only two rows and around 1.5" of width (5 cm of width).  If they were in a row, it would
take longer to scan from left to right and most likely couldn't be fit on a page.

Advanced Math

Scott A Wilson

I can answer any question in general math, arithetic, discret math, algebra, box problems, geometry, filling a tank with water, trigonometry, pre-calculus, linear algebra, complex mathematics, probability, statistics, and most of anything else that relates to math. I can also say that I broke 5 minutes for a mile, which is over 12 mph, but is that relevant?

Experience in the area; I have tutored people in the above areas of mathematics for over two years in I have tutored people here and there in mathematics since before I received a BS degree back in 1984. In just two more years, I received an MS degree as well, but more on that later. I tutored at OSU in the math center for all six years I was there. Most students offering assistance were juniors, seniors, or graduate students. I was allowed to tutor as a freshman. I tutored at Mathnasium for well over a year. I worked at The Boeing Company for over 5 years. I received an MS degreee in Mathematics from Oregon State Univeristy. The classes I took were over 100 hours of upper division credits in mathematical courses such as calculus, statistics, probabilty, linear algrebra, powers, linear regression, matrices, and more. I graduated with honors in both my BS and MS degrees. Past/Present Clients: College Students at Oregon State University, various math people since college, over 7,500 people on the PC from the US and rest the world.

My master's paper was published in the OSU journal. The subject of it was Numerical Analysis used in shock waves and rarefaction fans. It dealt with discontinuities that arose over time. They were solved using the Leap Frog method. That method was used and improvements of it were shown. The improvements were by Enquist-Osher, Godunov, and Lax-Wendroff.

Master of Science at OSU with high honors in mathematics. Bachelor of Science at OSU with high honors in mathematical sciences. This degree involved mathematics, statistics, and computer science. I also took sophmore level physics and chemistry while I was attending college. On the side I took raquetball, but that's still not relevant.

I earned high honors in both my BS degree and MS degree from Oregon State. I was in near the top in most of my classes. In several classes in mathematics, I was first. In a class of over 100 students, I was always one of the first ones to complete the test. I graduated with well over 50 credits in upper division mathematics.

My clients have been students at OSU, people who live nearby, friends with math questions, and several people every day on the PC. I would guess that you are probably going to be one more.