Advanced Math/Creating An Equation

Question
For My Summer Homework We A Packet Of Questions That Included This Question:
"Tana earns $16 an hour. Her paycheck for the week is $552 and includes a $40 bonus for the overtime work she did on Saturday. Write an equation that can be solved to find the number of hours Tana worked during the week."
I understand that I'm supposed to make an equation, but I don't understand how to do this. I would be grateful if you could find the time to help me. Thank You.

Answer
Amber,

Sorry to take so long to answeródidn't know I had a question pending.

"Tana earns $16 an hour."
Let x = hours worked during the week.
regular pay = 16x

"Her paycheck for the week is $552 and includes a $40 bonus for overtime. Write an equation to find the hours worked."
regular pay + overtime pay = total pay
16x + 40 = 552

16x = 512
x = 32

Tana worked 32 hours, plus an unknown number of overtime hours.

Advanced Math

Janet Yang