Advanced Math/English Alphabets/Characters/Letters Graphical Symbols.

Exploring New Characters.
Exploring New Characte  
Dear Prof Scott

The Letters/Alphabets/Characters are in total 26.

The 26 letters are constructed Graphically. There are some characters constructed only with Lines, some characters constructed only with curves and some characters constructed with a combination of line/s + curve/s. Words are formed with single or more characters.

Alphabets Constructed with Line/s : 15
viz A,E,F,H,I,K,L,M,N,T,V,W,X,Y,Z

Alphabets Constructed with Curve/s : 5
viz C,O,Q,S,U

Alphabets Constructed with Line/s + Curve/s : 6
viz B,D,G,J,P,R

1. Is it possible to generate more characters/alphabets/letters other than existing 26 characters of A..Z ?

2. Existing characters tilting 90 degree, 180 degree, 270 degree
clockwise , anticlockwise direction generates new characters.

Every character should have a unique name. For example : Reverse C,
Inverse T, Inverse A etc. With these New Character/Alphabet/Letter one should be able to construct new English words.

3. Can a Computer program / application help in this regard in generating a Unique Uppercase/Capital Letter/Alphabet/Character ?.

4. In case one is unsuccessful in generating new English characters/alphabets/letters in addition to the existing 26 characters, what could be the reason/s ?

1. Only Uppercase characters currently taken as a exercise. one can explore lower case characters also.

2. Attached figure for the same ...

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

The simplest way I've seen characters put on a chart involves a rectangle with two diagonals,
a horizontal cross piece in the center, a vertical cross piece up and down, and an edge.
That is 3 vertical lines, 3 horizontal lines, and 2 diagonal lines.  Each line has two pieces, so that is 6 vertical pieces, 6 horizontal pieces, and 4 diagonal pieces.  With just that, each piece could be there or not, and that is 6+6+4 = 16 lines, so the basic number would be 2^16.

Now 2^16 = 65,536, but then there are more ways to do letters.  We could put a circle in with the possibility of 4 sections, so multiply the choices so far by 2^4 = 16, and that gives 1,048,576.

To write a program to generate these, take 20 parameters, each with the choice of 0 or 1.
If the value is 1, draw in that figure.

That is assuming simple symbols.  Then there are things like the lower line on the Q, the eighth circle on the C, that half a half circle at the bottom of the J, so the number goes on with no upper bound.  There would be a problem telling some of these letters apart.  There would also be a problem on choosing to many symbols to go in the character, but who can say what the upper limit is?  Also, what about W?  Is that two vertical lines on either side with diagonals in the middle that only go halfway up?

Of course, I forgot to rule out the one case of choosing to draw no lines, so whatever the upper limit is, subtract 1.  For just the basic symbols, that would be 1,048,575.

If perhaps you wanted all the characters using the simple symbols with, say, 5 choices drawn, that would be 20 choose 5, or 20*19*18*17*16/(5*4*3*2*1), which is 15,504.  The number with 4 possible lines is 20*19*18*17/(4*3*2*1) = 4,845.  The number with 3 symbols would be 1,140.
The number with 2 symbols would be 190.  The number with 1 symbol would be 20 (for example, W has 6 lines - 2 on each side and two slanted ones in the middle).  Then again, if you wanted to allow just one more symbol, that would be 38,760 more letters.

If some of these characters were looked at, they probably wouldn't be very good, but I'm not sure what that would do to the numbers I have.  An example would be all of the lines would be required to connect.

If you really wanted it, a program could be written to output what each of these characters would look like.

Advanced Math

Scott A Wilson

I can answer any question in general math, arithetic, discret math, algebra, box problems, geometry, filling a tank with water, trigonometry, pre-calculus, linear algebra, complex mathematics, probability, statistics, and most of anything else that relates to math. I can also say that I broke 5 minutes for a mile, which is over 12 mph, but is that relevant?

Experience in the area; I have tutored people in the above areas of mathematics for over two years in I have tutored people here and there in mathematics since before I received a BS degree back in 1984. In just two more years, I received an MS degree as well, but more on that later. I tutored at OSU in the math center for all six years I was there. Most students offering assistance were juniors, seniors, or graduate students. I was allowed to tutor as a freshman. I tutored at Mathnasium for well over a year. I worked at The Boeing Company for over 5 years. I received an MS degreee in Mathematics from Oregon State Univeristy. The classes I took were over 100 hours of upper division credits in mathematical courses such as calculus, statistics, probabilty, linear algrebra, powers, linear regression, matrices, and more. I graduated with honors in both my BS and MS degrees. Past/Present Clients: College Students at Oregon State University, various math people since college, over 7,500 people on the PC from the US and rest the world.

My master's paper was published in the OSU journal. The subject of it was Numerical Analysis used in shock waves and rarefaction fans. It dealt with discontinuities that arose over time. They were solved using the Leap Frog method. That method was used and improvements of it were shown. The improvements were by Enquist-Osher, Godunov, and Lax-Wendroff.

Master of Science at OSU with high honors in mathematics. Bachelor of Science at OSU with high honors in mathematical sciences. This degree involved mathematics, statistics, and computer science. I also took sophmore level physics and chemistry while I was attending college. On the side I took raquetball, but that's still not relevant.

I earned high honors in both my BS degree and MS degree from Oregon State. I was in near the top in most of my classes. In several classes in mathematics, I was first. In a class of over 100 students, I was always one of the first ones to complete the test. I graduated with well over 50 credits in upper division mathematics.

My clients have been students at OSU, people who live nearby, friends with math questions, and several people every day on the PC. I would guess that you are probably going to be one more.