Advanced Math/Probability

Question
A Question In My Summer Homework Said
"Tamara wraps 12 gift boxes in red paper and 8 gift boxes in blue paper. She puts a CD in 8 of the red boxes and 2 of the blue boxes. What is the probability of picking a box with a CD if a person randomly chooses a gift box?"
The Third part of The Question Says,
"Write the formula for probability in words. Then substitute numbers for the probability and simplify."
I Don't Understand What It Means By 'The Formula For Probability'.
If You Can Help Me I Would Be Very Grateful, If You Can't I Thank For At Least Trying To.

Answer
"Tamara wraps 12 gift boxes in red paper and 8 gift boxes in blue paper."
12 + 8 = 20 boxes in all

"She puts a CD in 8 of the red boxes and 2 of the blue boxes."
10 of the boxes contain a CD

"What is the probability of picking a box with a CD if a person randomly chooses a gift box?"
probability of picking a CD box = (number of CD boxes)/(total number of boxes)
probability = 10/20 = 50%

Please verify the logic! I have had very little instruction in stats.

Advanced Math

Janet Yang