Advanced Math/Century Numerical Digit.

Dear Prof Scott

1 Century = 100 years.
100 Centuries  = 100 * 100 years = 10 raised to power of 4 = 10000 years.

20th century = 1901 to 2000
21st century = 2001 to 2100 -> Currently we are in this century.
22nd century = 2101 to 2200
23rd century = 2201 to 2300
98th century = 9701 to 9800
99th century = 9801 to 9900
100th century = 9901 to 10000
101st century = 10001 to 10100

Year becomes a 5 digit number.

1 century = 100 years. Mathematically 100 centuries = 10000 years,
Is there be any other term for 100 centuries similar to 100 years
termed as a century ?.

2. Does last year of 100th century and 101st century 100 years becomes a 5 digit numeric year figure as shown above ?.

3. Can there be any other term used instead of
"We are in 100th century" ?. in 100th century as we say currently "We are in 21st century" and currently the year is 2013 ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

1. I don't know of any term for 100 centuries.

2. Yes, it becomes a 5 digit number.

3. I don't know of any term for the 100th century.

There is a term for a thousand centuries.  In
it refers to the fact that we are now in the 3rd millenium.  This means we have a word for 10 centuries, but I don't know of a term for 100 centuries.  This might be because 100 centuries is far beyond what most people even think about.

Advanced Math

Scott A Wilson

I can answer any question in general math, arithetic, discret math, algebra, box problems, geometry, filling a tank with water, trigonometry, pre-calculus, linear algebra, complex mathematics, probability, statistics, and most of anything else that relates to math. I can also say that I broke 5 minutes for a mile, which is over 12 mph, but is that relevant?

Experience in the area; I have tutored people in the above areas of mathematics for over two years in I have tutored people here and there in mathematics since before I received a BS degree back in 1984. In just two more years, I received an MS degree as well, but more on that later. I tutored at OSU in the math center for all six years I was there. Most students offering assistance were juniors, seniors, or graduate students. I was allowed to tutor as a freshman. I tutored at Mathnasium for well over a year. I worked at The Boeing Company for over 5 years. I received an MS degreee in Mathematics from Oregon State Univeristy. The classes I took were over 100 hours of upper division credits in mathematical courses such as calculus, statistics, probabilty, linear algrebra, powers, linear regression, matrices, and more. I graduated with honors in both my BS and MS degrees. Past/Present Clients: College Students at Oregon State University, various math people since college, over 7,500 people on the PC from the US and rest the world.

My master's paper was published in the OSU journal. The subject of it was Numerical Analysis used in shock waves and rarefaction fans. It dealt with discontinuities that arose over time. They were solved using the Leap Frog method. That method was used and improvements of it were shown. The improvements were by Enquist-Osher, Godunov, and Lax-Wendroff.

Master of Science at OSU with high honors in mathematics. Bachelor of Science at OSU with high honors in mathematical sciences. This degree involved mathematics, statistics, and computer science. I also took sophmore level physics and chemistry while I was attending college. On the side I took raquetball, but that's still not relevant.

I earned high honors in both my BS degree and MS degree from Oregon State. I was in near the top in most of my classes. In several classes in mathematics, I was first. In a class of over 100 students, I was always one of the first ones to complete the test. I graduated with well over 50 credits in upper division mathematics.

My clients have been students at OSU, people who live nearby, friends with math questions, and several people every day on the PC. I would guess that you are probably going to be one more.