Advanced Math/Polygon Shaped Board games.

Dear Prof Scott‎

Will it be difficult to design and construct all Board games geometrically viz scrabble, monopoly, snakes and ladders, ludo etc where maximum number of players can exceed 4 ?.

Games like Chess, Checkers can be excluded as it is a 2 player game.

The advantages could be more number of players can play the Board Game. i.e. n>4.

As a example, The scrabble board game rules will remain the same, more tiles has to be constructed for the same.

For example : Hexagonal Scrabble Board, Pentagonal Monopoly,
Octagonal snakes and ladders, decagon ludo game  etc.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

I don't believe it would be too difficult to do, but for example, in scrabble,
right now words can cross each other just fine, but in a hexagonal version, there would always be two 2-letter joined together in the third direction when two long words crossed.  Maybe a special rule could be allowed.

I have a hexagonal game at my house with marbles.  Perhaps you've played it as well.
All of marbles must be moved from a triangle on one side to a triangle on the other.

From what I have seen, if the board is not arranged in squares, it is arranged randomly.
Examples are Risk, Life, and Chutes and Ladders.  On the PC, there are multiple games already in hexagonal format.  One of them is some of the games found in

There is a description of another hexagonal game in

I have found a fascinating game at
To play, click  on a stone.  It highlights where it can move to.  Moves can be one or two hexagons away.   If either movement is taken,all of the pieces next to you become yours.  If a movement of one is taken, it produces a new piece.

There are references on the side for other types of games.  They are

Advanced Math

Scott A Wilson

I can answer any question in general math, arithetic, discret math, algebra, box problems, geometry, filling a tank with water, trigonometry, pre-calculus, linear algebra, complex mathematics, probability, statistics, and most of anything else that relates to math. I can also say that I broke 5 minutes for a mile, which is over 12 mph, but is that relevant?

Experience in the area; I have tutored people in the above areas of mathematics for over two years in I have tutored people here and there in mathematics since before I received a BS degree back in 1984. In just two more years, I received an MS degree as well, but more on that later. I tutored at OSU in the math center for all six years I was there. Most students offering assistance were juniors, seniors, or graduate students. I was allowed to tutor as a freshman. I tutored at Mathnasium for well over a year. I worked at The Boeing Company for over 5 years. I received an MS degreee in Mathematics from Oregon State Univeristy. The classes I took were over 100 hours of upper division credits in mathematical courses such as calculus, statistics, probabilty, linear algrebra, powers, linear regression, matrices, and more. I graduated with honors in both my BS and MS degrees. Past/Present Clients: College Students at Oregon State University, various math people since college, over 7,500 people on the PC from the US and rest the world.

My master's paper was published in the OSU journal. The subject of it was Numerical Analysis used in shock waves and rarefaction fans. It dealt with discontinuities that arose over time. They were solved using the Leap Frog method. That method was used and improvements of it were shown. The improvements were by Enquist-Osher, Godunov, and Lax-Wendroff.

Master of Science at OSU with high honors in mathematics. Bachelor of Science at OSU with high honors in mathematical sciences. This degree involved mathematics, statistics, and computer science. I also took sophmore level physics and chemistry while I was attending college. On the side I took raquetball, but that's still not relevant.

I earned high honors in both my BS degree and MS degree from Oregon State. I was in near the top in most of my classes. In several classes in mathematics, I was first. In a class of over 100 students, I was always one of the first ones to complete the test. I graduated with well over 50 credits in upper division mathematics.

My clients have been students at OSU, people who live nearby, friends with math questions, and several people every day on the PC. I would guess that you are probably going to be one more.