Advanced Math/Carpet Installation/Fixing in Trains and Buses.

Question
Carpet
Carpet  
Dear Prof Scott

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Train‎
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Express_train‎
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus‎

Do you feel Carpet can be Installed and Fixed in Local (Short distance) and Express trains (Long Distance) ?.

Do you feel Carpet can be Installed and Fixed in Local transport and Luxury Buses ?.

Can this give a Better Designing and Comfortable look and feel for the passengers travelling in Trains and Buses ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Using carpet in our house when there were only a few people would make it have noticeable wear after only a few years because of the heavy traffic in only a few areas.  That was why it was a good idea to get small rugs to put by the door as I was growing up.

When we have less than a half dozen people going through the house where I live now,
the carpets by the door get washed every couple of weeks.

On a bus, there would be a whole lot more people travelling through the doorway and down the aisle than that.  If we have extensive wear on our carpet by the door, the wear on the bus would be down the whole isle.  That would increase the amount needed to ride the bus noticeably due to the fact the carpet would have to be cleaned daily and replaced fairly often.  Even if the carpet is only put in the aisle or perhaps put in front of each seat, the cost would be very noticeable.

Advanced Math

Scott A Wilson