Advanced Math/Geomaths #4 Q1

Math 4 Q1
Math 4 Q1  
First of nine questions.
I'm using screen shots to ensure you see what I see.
All answers are integers in the range 0 to 9.
Where required, assume g=9.81

Frankly, I have no idea what, or why, the question refers to an "iterative process" -- it might be referring to Newton's method but it's 2014, the computer can do Newton's method for us.

It's easy to get m = 0.47223.

Advanced Math

Clyde Oliver

I can answer all questions up to, and including, graduate level mathematics. I am more likely to prefer questions beyond the level of calculus. I can answer any questions, from basic elementary number theory like how to prove the first three digits of powers of 2 repeat (they do, with period 100, starting at 8), all the way to advanced mathematics like proving Egorov's theorem or finding phase transitions in random networks.

I am a PhD educated mathematician working in research at a major university.

Various research journals of mathematics. Various talks & presentations (some short, some long), about either interesting classical material or about research work.

BA mathematics & physics, PhD mathematics from a top 20 US school.

Various honors related to grades, various fellowships & scholarships, awards for contributions to mathematics and education at my schools, etc.

In the past, and as my career progresses, I have worked and continue to work as an educator and mentor to students of varying age levels, skill levels, and educational levels.