Advanced Math/Geomaths #4 Q2

Question
Math 4 Q2
Math 4 Q2  
Second of nine questions.
I'm using screen shots to ensure you see what I see.
All answers are integers in the range 0 to 9.
Where required, assume g=9.81

Answer
This is a basic derivative question:

y = x^2 ln( 3x - 4 )

So you use the product rule to obtain:

y' = 2x ln( 3x - 4) + x^2 ( 3/(3x-4) )

This gives y'(3) = 6 ln(5) + 27/5.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=derivative+of+x^2+ln%28+3x+-+4+%29+at+x%3D3

The value of this is approximately 15.0566...

I assume "first digit" means 1, so e=2.

Advanced Math

Clyde Oliver

I can answer all questions up to, and including, graduate level mathematics. I am more likely to prefer questions beyond the level of calculus. I can answer any questions, from basic elementary number theory like how to prove the first three digits of powers of 2 repeat (they do, with period 100, starting at 8), all the way to advanced mathematics like proving Egorov's theorem or finding phase transitions in random networks.

I am a PhD educated mathematician working in research at a major university.

AMS

Various research journals of mathematics. Various talks & presentations (some short, some long), about either interesting classical material or about research work.

BA mathematics & physics, PhD mathematics from a top 20 US school.

Various honors related to grades, various fellowships & scholarships, awards for contributions to mathematics and education at my schools, etc.

In the past, and as my career progresses, I have worked and continue to work as an educator and mentor to students of varying age levels, skill levels, and educational levels.