Advanced Math/Smartphone Car Lock / UnLock Keys Software Application.

Dear Prof Scott

It may or may not be useful but is it possible to design and develop a Smartphone Car Lock / UnLock Keys Software Application which will allow the car door lock as well as unlock car door lock ?.

The Smartphone Hardware will be modified to support RFID Technology.

The Smartphone will have Two Button keys for Locking and unlocking the Car Door.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Yes, I'm pretty sure its possible.  Life is starting to remind me of that movie where everything was under the control of one remote. I don't remember the title, but it was such a powerful remote control that it aged the people using it as a side affect.  I'm not sure if a remote would really do that, but it was cute for a movie.

Just think about it - one remote could be designed to control the car, the lights, the heat, the phone, and whatever else was thought of.

The lock we have for our car unlocks whichever side a person is on when they click the unlock button once.  It unlocks the far side as well if it is clicked twice.  Perhaps they will have another button soon for turning on the car in the drive way so it could be warmed up ... and who knows what else.

Advanced Math

Scott A Wilson

I can answer any question in general math, arithetic, discret math, algebra, box problems, geometry, filling a tank with water, trigonometry, pre-calculus, linear algebra, complex mathematics, probability, statistics, and most of anything else that relates to math. I can also say that I broke 5 minutes for a mile, which is over 12 mph, but is that relevant?

Experience in the area; I have tutored people in the above areas of mathematics for over two years in I have tutored people here and there in mathematics since before I received a BS degree back in 1984. In just two more years, I received an MS degree as well, but more on that later. I tutored at OSU in the math center for all six years I was there. Most students offering assistance were juniors, seniors, or graduate students. I was allowed to tutor as a freshman. I tutored at Mathnasium for well over a year. I worked at The Boeing Company for over 5 years. I received an MS degreee in Mathematics from Oregon State Univeristy. The classes I took were over 100 hours of upper division credits in mathematical courses such as calculus, statistics, probabilty, linear algrebra, powers, linear regression, matrices, and more. I graduated with honors in both my BS and MS degrees. Past/Present Clients: College Students at Oregon State University, various math people since college, over 7,500 people on the PC from the US and rest the world.

My master's paper was published in the OSU journal. The subject of it was Numerical Analysis used in shock waves and rarefaction fans. It dealt with discontinuities that arose over time. They were solved using the Leap Frog method. That method was used and improvements of it were shown. The improvements were by Enquist-Osher, Godunov, and Lax-Wendroff.

Master of Science at OSU with high honors in mathematics. Bachelor of Science at OSU with high honors in mathematical sciences. This degree involved mathematics, statistics, and computer science. I also took sophmore level physics and chemistry while I was attending college. On the side I took raquetball, but that's still not relevant.

I earned high honors in both my BS degree and MS degree from Oregon State. I was in near the top in most of my classes. In several classes in mathematics, I was first. In a class of over 100 students, I was always one of the first ones to complete the test. I graduated with well over 50 credits in upper division mathematics.

My clients have been students at OSU, people who live nearby, friends with math questions, and several people every day on the PC. I would guess that you are probably going to be one more.