Advanced Math/Portable Microwave Oven Model Design.

Dear Prof Scott

Is it possible to design and construct a Portable Microwave oven product which may be useful to carry while travelling by vehicle viz car, jeep etc ?.

Since it is portable, it will be battery operated - secondary source of energy as well as the portable oven's weight has to be considered. Power - battery voltage, current required for the microwave oven has to be calculated.

Also considerations will be whether all the microwave  functions can be embedded in this mini portable microwave oven model.

The Portable Microwave oven can be placed in a briefcase while transit.

Is it feasible to construct this product ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

I'm not sure why, other than maybe weight, but portable microwave ovens have not been designed yet.  It must have something to do with blocking the emission of what is used to cook the food.

They have designed a portable heater that is almost as good, however.  
That can be seen

If you want a fairly heavy one, look at

As can be seen here in a short movie, another company has designed a portable microwave.  Even though it doesn't show in the picture, below it is says: "The world first portable microwave oven for covenient cooking and meals on the move. Good to use in the car, van or caravan. Lightweight, compact, and completely portable. Powered by 12v or 24v direct to battery or cigarette socket."  

Advanced Math

Scott A Wilson

I can answer any question in general math, arithetic, discret math, algebra, box problems, geometry, filling a tank with water, trigonometry, pre-calculus, linear algebra, complex mathematics, probability, statistics, and most of anything else that relates to math. I can also say that I broke 5 minutes for a mile, which is over 12 mph, but is that relevant?

Experience in the area; I have tutored people in the above areas of mathematics for over two years in I have tutored people here and there in mathematics since before I received a BS degree back in 1984. In just two more years, I received an MS degree as well, but more on that later. I tutored at OSU in the math center for all six years I was there. Most students offering assistance were juniors, seniors, or graduate students. I was allowed to tutor as a freshman. I tutored at Mathnasium for well over a year. I worked at The Boeing Company for over 5 years. I received an MS degreee in Mathematics from Oregon State Univeristy. The classes I took were over 100 hours of upper division credits in mathematical courses such as calculus, statistics, probabilty, linear algrebra, powers, linear regression, matrices, and more. I graduated with honors in both my BS and MS degrees. Past/Present Clients: College Students at Oregon State University, various math people since college, over 7,500 people on the PC from the US and rest the world.

My master's paper was published in the OSU journal. The subject of it was Numerical Analysis used in shock waves and rarefaction fans. It dealt with discontinuities that arose over time. They were solved using the Leap Frog method. That method was used and improvements of it were shown. The improvements were by Enquist-Osher, Godunov, and Lax-Wendroff.

Master of Science at OSU with high honors in mathematics. Bachelor of Science at OSU with high honors in mathematical sciences. This degree involved mathematics, statistics, and computer science. I also took sophmore level physics and chemistry while I was attending college. On the side I took raquetball, but that's still not relevant.

I earned high honors in both my BS degree and MS degree from Oregon State. I was in near the top in most of my classes. In several classes in mathematics, I was first. In a class of over 100 students, I was always one of the first ones to complete the test. I graduated with well over 50 credits in upper division mathematics.

My clients have been students at OSU, people who live nearby, friends with math questions, and several people every day on the PC. I would guess that you are probably going to be one more.