Advanced Math/Price Formulae - which is correct?

Question
Dear Scott,

No problem. I have been all expert for many years and some times work just gets on top of you. I have marked this question as private because of the commercial overtones and also the possibility that you might wish to charge me for the work, but you can make it public if you wish.  Now for the problem

* means multiply and / means divide.

I have two formulae which purport to calculate the effect of currency fluctuations and price inflation on payments to a contractor.  The contractor does an amount of work in a month.  The value of this work will be adjusted to account for fluctuations in the exchange rate and for changes in the price index (such as the consumer price index).  The Contractor works in one country, say Afghanistan, and he gets paid in another currency, say US$, rather than the local currency.

First Formula   Dm = Qn * C * Po * (Txo/Txn)*(In/lo - 1)
The terms are defined as :-
Dm=     increase or decrease to be paid for the material concerned by the revision of prices during the month "n".
Qn=     quantity of works carried out during the month n involving one or more of the materials in question.
C=      coefficient of transformation allowing to calculate the quantity of material used in the quantity of works carried out Qn.
The value of coefficient C is defined as follows:
for cement, the coefficient  C is expressed in tonnes for each cubic metre of concrete executed as per category specified in the contract;
for reinforcing steel, the coefficient C is expressed in tonnes of steel laid for each cubic metre of reinforced concrete executed in accordance with the plans of reinforcement;
for bituminous mixtures, the C coefficient is expressed in tonnes of  bitumen specify the bitumen category PEN 76-10 performance grade for tonnes of bituminous mixture executed.
Po=     price of material to be revised as contained in the Contractor's tender.
Txo=    exchange rate between the currency of contract payment and the currency of the material's country of origin at the reference date.
Txn:    exchange rate between the currency of contract payment and the currency of the material's country of origin at the month n.
Io=     Official index of the material at the reference date.
In=     Official index of the material at the date of purchase.

Second Formula  Dm= Q*c*P0*[(Matn/Mat0)*(Txn/Tx0)-1]
The terms are defined as :
Dm, Q & C as above
Tx0 =   exchange rate between the currency of contract payment and the currency of the selected indicator at the reference date.
Txn =   same exchange rate at the month n.
Mat0=   official supply price of the concerned material at the reference date.
Matn=   official supply price of the concerned material at the month n.

I have tried to decide which one is accurate, but it is beyond me.  My son suggests keeping one set of variables constant and then the other, but I am not sure how to do it.  I have tried building an array in Excel to see what happens, but no luck.  There appear to be two major difference - one in the ratio Txn/Tx0 in one and Tx0/Txn in the other.  Another difference is the location of the term '-1'.  I hope that I have expressed it clearly.

Help, please, which formula represents the true effect of the price variation of the goods?

Answer
It all depends on the product in que I have seen that the only difference in the two equation is that the 2nd equation has (Matn/Mat) in it.  If the price does not vary accorrding the price varies depending on the quantity there is, then the second one should be used.

Advanced Math

Scott A Wilson