Advanced Math/Common Salt (Sodium Chloride) Effective for Gargling.

Dear Prof Scott

Why Common Salt - Sodium Chloride (NaCl) is effective during Gargling when suffering from a sore throat ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

The salt draws moisture out of the wound.  In this way, when fuids are drawn out of a cut/scrape area amd the region is thereby given more healing (sometimes complete).

it was found that gargling gives temporary relief from sore throats,
washes away and kills germs, and is incredibly easy to make.
It gives a recipe as 3/4 teaspoon of salt per cup of water.

According to
it can heal cancer sores quickly.  That article also goes into using Aloe Vera, Baking Soda,
Hydrogen Peroxide, and Sage.

In  someone contended that gargling did no good, but there were several responses to that.  The 1st one that I believe is truly meaningful is that whoever says it doesn't work doesn't know how to gargle, for they most likely don't let the water go down their throat at all.

For me, I have used it many times and it has been quite effective.

Advanced Math

Scott A Wilson

I can answer any question in general math, arithetic, discret math, algebra, box problems, geometry, filling a tank with water, trigonometry, pre-calculus, linear algebra, complex mathematics, probability, statistics, and most of anything else that relates to math. I can also say that I broke 5 minutes for a mile, which is over 12 mph, but is that relevant?

Experience in the area; I have tutored people in the above areas of mathematics for over two years in I have tutored people here and there in mathematics since before I received a BS degree back in 1984. In just two more years, I received an MS degree as well, but more on that later. I tutored at OSU in the math center for all six years I was there. Most students offering assistance were juniors, seniors, or graduate students. I was allowed to tutor as a freshman. I tutored at Mathnasium for well over a year. I worked at The Boeing Company for over 5 years. I received an MS degreee in Mathematics from Oregon State Univeristy. The classes I took were over 100 hours of upper division credits in mathematical courses such as calculus, statistics, probabilty, linear algrebra, powers, linear regression, matrices, and more. I graduated with honors in both my BS and MS degrees. Past/Present Clients: College Students at Oregon State University, various math people since college, over 7,500 people on the PC from the US and rest the world.

My master's paper was published in the OSU journal. The subject of it was Numerical Analysis used in shock waves and rarefaction fans. It dealt with discontinuities that arose over time. They were solved using the Leap Frog method. That method was used and improvements of it were shown. The improvements were by Enquist-Osher, Godunov, and Lax-Wendroff.

Master of Science at OSU with high honors in mathematics. Bachelor of Science at OSU with high honors in mathematical sciences. This degree involved mathematics, statistics, and computer science. I also took sophmore level physics and chemistry while I was attending college. On the side I took raquetball, but that's still not relevant.

I earned high honors in both my BS degree and MS degree from Oregon State. I was in near the top in most of my classes. In several classes in mathematics, I was first. In a class of over 100 students, I was always one of the first ones to complete the test. I graduated with well over 50 credits in upper division mathematics.

My clients have been students at OSU, people who live nearby, friends with math questions, and several people every day on the PC. I would guess that you are probably going to be one more.