Advanced Math/Electronic Curtains in Movie and Play Theaters.

Question
Dear Prof Scott

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtain‎

Is it possible to design and develop electronic curtains where with the help of remote control, the curtain can be moved from

1. Left to Right Movement of Curtain.
2. Right to left Movement of Curtain.
3. Pull up the Curtain.
4. Pull down the Curtain.

There will be push buttons on the Curtain remote control for Various Curtain Operations.

Is it possible to customize the product to use in Theaters where we watch movies and plays ?. The theater curtain will open,close, move from left to right,right to left, pull up, pull down as operated by the remote control device with the push buttons.

So this electronic curtain product will have different flavors to be installed in residential houses, offices, movie and play theaters.

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Yes, it is possible, it just costs some money.  A simple curtain that opens one way is not that expensive, but to make it operate in more than one way just takes some more money.  For even more of a price, the door could even be given the possibility of splitting in the middle with half going to each side.  The most expensive way to do a door would be to make it sink into the floor.  It could be done, but carving a hole, putting cement on the sides, and adding something on top to close would be expensive.

As an example of things that cost money, consider saving money.  The more money to save, the more expensive place is needed to store it.  At home, a hidden stash can be put somewhere with hardly any problem.  If a person gets to be rich, a small safe at home would be useful.  For small banks, a small vault can be used.  For more major banks, a bigger safe is needed.

The way science is going, things are getting combined.  For example, I have seen people holding one device think it is another.  Examples of similar devices are a TV control, a fireplace control, a phone, a thermostat control, and many others.  We can even handle our bank account at home on the PC.  How about a button to control the movie theater?  There would be a charge by the theaters to use that one, of course.

Sometime in the near future, I'm sure that a few of these will be combined.  

Advanced Math

Scott A Wilson