Advanced Math/New Football Ground Player Positions.

Question
Football Ground Player Positions.
Football Ground Player  
Dear Prof Scott

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_football_pitch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_football_positions

As per the Players Strategic Positions / Locations defined on the rectangle shape football ground viz Half back, Full back, Mid fielder, goalkeeper, center forward, left forward, right forward etc Do you still feel there could more strategic locations available on the football ground where there can be defined more player positions apart from the existing current player positions defined ?.

If Yes, What could be the new Football player positions defined on the ground ?.

If No, Why ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Ever seen a football game?  If the ball is on, say, the 46 yard line,
then the man hiking the ball is holding onto it.
All of the people on his team are off to the left and right just behind the line.
All of the other team is on the other side of the line, also to the left and right,
and trying to be ready to oppose one of the team members with the ball.

Using this, coaches have designed plays that use 11 players.
They have done this for years and adding or taking away a player would make the coaches redesign the actions.  The actions are called plays, and they happen just after the ball is hiked.

In Canada, they also play football, but I believe the plays up there are designed with 12 players on the field.

In the US or Canada, even though the number of players is different, it would not be easy to add or take away a single player.

Advanced Math

Scott A Wilson