Advanced Math/New Hockey Ground Player Positions.

Question
Hockey Ground Player Positions
Hockey Ground Player P  
Dear Prof Scott

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_hockey
http://www.sportspectator.com/fancentral/field_hockey/guide04.html

As per the Players Strategic Positions / Locations defined on the rectangle shape Hockey ground viz Half back, Full back, Mid fielder, goalkeeper, center forward, left forward, right forward etc Do you still feel there could more strategic locations available on the Hockey ground where there can be defined more player positions apart from the existing current player positions defined ?.

If Yes, What could be the new Hockey player positions defined on the ground ?.

If No, Why ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Just like in football, the coaches design the game to be built around the number of players in it.  Adding or subtracting a player would require major adjustments in the plays.  It is possible, but I don't think it would be easy.  As in most sports, the players have each defined where they are to play, who they are to assist, and how far they can go.  This is not in the rules anywhere and the rule are never followed exactly, but they have an idea of where they are suppose to go and what they are suppoe to do.  Changing the number of players would throw confusion into the situation.  

Advanced Math

Scott A Wilson