Advanced Math/Amount- Tons Follow-Up

Maybe this will help-

From Ehow:

"Specific gravity is the density of an object or liquid in comparison to the density of water at a certain temperature or pressure".

Density of water at 32 degrees Fahrenheit- 915kg/m^3.

"A pond is circular and 46 2/3 feet in diameter. It is frozen to an average depth of 1 5/11 feet."
radius r = 70/3 ft
height h = 16/11 ft
volume of ice = πrh ≅ 88π ft

1 ft water = 62.5 pounds
specific gravity of ice = 0.9
weight of 1 ft ice = 0.962.5 = 56.25 pounds

88π ft ice 56.25 pounds/ft ice 1 ton/2000 pounds ≅ 2.47 tons  

Advanced Math

Janet Yang

I can answer questions in Algebra, Basic Math, Calculus, Differential Equations, Geometry, Number Theory, and Word Problems. I would not feel comfortable answering questions in Probability and Statistics or Topology because I have not studied these in depth.

I tutor students (fifth through twelfth grades) and am a Top Contributor on Yahoo!Answers with over 24,000 math solutions.

Co-author of An Outline of Scientific Writing: For Researchers With English as a Foreign Language

I have a Bachelor's degree in Applied Mathematics from the University of California at Berkeley.

George White Elementary School. Homework Help program at the Ridgewood Public Library, Ridgewood, NJ. Individual students.