Advanced Math/Rates

An example of a common rate is miles per hour as in 60 miles per hour.

Is the following example considered a rate even though one of the units is not a unit of measure?

A department store has on sale four tires for $240, 4 tires/$240. Is this example still a rate?  "Dollars is a unit of measure but "tires" is not.

I thank you for your reply.

four tires for $240 can be written as $240 per four tires or $60 per tire which is a rate by the definition found in wikepedia
"a rate of change can be specified per unit time, or per unit of length or mass or ANOTHER QUANTITY.

Professor Wallin

Advanced Math

Sombra Shadow

I can answer most questions up through Calculus and some in Number Theory and Abstract Algebra.

I have had my Bachelor's Degree since 1987 and have been a teacher since 1988. I earned my Masters Degree in Mathematics May 2010. I have been teaching at the same community college since 2002.

I have taught 12 years at the community college level, medical college, and technical college as well as a high school instructor and alternative education instructor and charter school instructor.

Master's GPA 3.56 Bachelor's GPA 3.34 Post grad work not degree related GPA 4.0