Advanced Math/maths

Question
a.)a linear equation,in the form y=mx+c,where m and c are
>constants,shows the price y per unit of a product which a company would
>be willing to supply any given quantity x.at a price of 4.00 pounds per
>unit,the company would be willing to supply 3000 units of the
>product.at the higher price of 6.00 pounds per unit,the company would
>be willing to supply 5000 units.find the values of m and c,to identify
>the linear equation in the form y=mx+c.(7 marks).

Answer
This problems tells me that we have a linear equation y = mx + c where m, c are constants.
This says that y is the unit price.

The quantity x produced is x, and that's always 4.00 pounds per unit.

The company would be willing to supply up to 3,000 units of product.

If the price went up to 6.00 pounds per unit, the company would be willing to supply 5,000 units.

If I read this correctly, we are trying to find an equation y = mx + c from here.

When y is 4, x is 3,000.
When y is 6, x is 5,000.

This gives 4 = 3,000m + c and 6 = 5,000m + c.

Since each equation can be seen to be easily solved for c,
they can be changed to c = 3,000m - 4 and c = 5,000m - 6.

This quickly gives 3,000m - 4 = 5,0000m - 6.

Adding -3,000m + 6 to both sides gives 10 = 2,000m.

Dividing both sides by 2,000 gives m = 1/200.

Advanced Math

Scott A Wilson