Advanced Math/Unicode Characters Data in Excel.

Question
Dear Prof Scott

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unicode_characters
unicode-table.com/
unicode.org/charts/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Excel

Can we store Unicode characters data in Excel ?. In that case can we store in Text , General etc cell fields for storing unicode characters ?.

Are there string functions in Excel application related to Unicode characters  ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Now all Unicode characters use to be usable back when Lotus was the spreadsheet I used,
but since then they have changed on various computers.  For example, alt-251 is √, alt-253 ,
alt-254 is still ■, alt-252 is ⁿ, alt with a number near 200 is a corner in a set of squares,
and others can still be used as well, such as alt-3, alt-4, alt-5, and alt-6 are the heart, diamond, club, and spade (the suits in a deck of playing cards).  The character alt-19 is ‼,
which is for an important expression, and the alt-20 is , which is commonly used in Word for a return.

Using A1 as 1 and each cell below it as the one above plus one, I then put =char(A1) in B1 and copied it on down.  I got some character in almost every cell.  Note that 65 is A (since that is 2^6 + 1) and 97 is a (since that is 2^6 + 2^5 + 1).  In Excel, the alt-200's aren't the edge of box characters as in other languages.

Characters 1, 9, 10, and 28 - 32 don't show anything.
In most documents, alt-9 and alt-10 are a line feed and carriage return, but I don't remember which is which.  I don't have any clue what 28, 29, 30, 31, and 32 are used for.  Apparently the box characters has been replaced with characters from other languages.

I don't believe there are any applications of any of these characters.

Advanced Math

Scott A Wilson